55

Zanes POV

What the fuck is this? Nova tells me she's lost but I find her chilling in the woods with Vlad. To top it off apparently they know each other.

"How do you know him?" I ask her.

"He saved me when I was little. Ever since then he's kept an eye on me. I honestly consider him like an older brother."

"He saved you?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

She sighs as she looks towards Vlad and he nods to her. She faces me as she tells me "When I was about eight years old my fathers mate, Marcie couldn't stand me. She had apparently made a deal with some vampires to have me kidnapped and killed."

She looked to Vlad once more and he nods again. "Vlad was a part of that Coven at the time, he was hiding from people himself. When they took me to there Vlad seen me and he said he knew he had to save me, so he did. He killed the entire Coven that night and took me back to my mother. Vlad then killed Marcie when she came to make sure I was dead."

"So that's why your father hates vampires so much?" I ask.

She shakes her head "No, Vlad made it look like rogues killed her. My father took another mate shortly after. I honestly have no idea why he hates them so much."

I look towards Vlad "And you. Why didn't you tell me you knew my mate?"

He laughs "Because when we spoke I had no idea who your mate was."

Oh yeah...

"What are you doing here anyway?" I decide to change the topic.

"I have news. I have six Coven leaders that agreed to meet with you." He grins at me.

"Good. When?"

"They want to meet you in four days time. That gives everyone time to get things in order and arrive. Do you have any specific requests for this meeting?"

"I'd like them to arrive at night, I'll have my pack on lock down for the night and I'll have the meeting hall on the southern side of the territory prepared for the meeting. Only people who will attend should be made aware." I tell him.

He nods at me "Agreed."

Nova walks over to Vlad and gives him a hug. The sight makes me uncomfortable, but I hold my tongue knowing they mean something platonic to each other.

"It was good to see you." She tells him.

"It was good to see you too little wolf." He replies.

He whispers something in her ear but she just smiles at him. She backs away from him and I pull her to my side as I wrap my arm around her waist. He just smiles and shakes his head.

"Alpha." He nods to me.

"Vlad." I nod back.

He turns and takes off into the woods. This is a good thing though. We have a meeting set up with some of the Covens. Finally we're getting somewhere. I pull my arm from around Nova and take her hand in mine.