24

I have to admit I had a great day at the beach with everyone

I have to admit I had a great day at the beach with everyone. It was nice to just relax and be with a few friends. Even Zane seemed more chill. plus seeing him shirtless is always amazing.

Drool....

It was around 3pm when we finally left. Talia had asked to fix my hair and Lex had brought an extra dress for me to wear when we left.

 Talia had asked to fix my hair and Lex had brought an extra dress for me to wear when we left

(Her in her outfit)

"Sooo, tell me why we left so early?" Talia says

"Yeah, what's up? We never leave this early." KC adds

"We have some important business to take care of with Novas family." Zane replies.

He knows I want to be there when my father and Max call Lane. I want to hear his voice and see how he'll sound. Could he really pull it off? Goddess knows he fooled me long enough. Even when he got caught doing something wrong, he knew how to pull me back in.

"We'll see y'all later!" KC waves as he starts to pull Talia with him.

"Yeah! See y'all later!" Talia giggles behind him.

I have an idea what they're up to. Once we're in the pack house I go to hunt down my father and Max. Lex and Felix decided they wanted to be with us too. Zane also said he'd listen, much to my displeasure. We all sat in Zanes office as my father placed his phone on speaker. It rang a few times before he answered.

"Hello." He sounds down, but not depressed.

"Hello Lane, this is Alpha Storms."

"Yes Alpha, how are you? Any news about Nova?" I can see everyone suppress a growl at this.

"Yes, actually. That's why I'm calling. Her body was discovered early this morning."

"H-her b-body? Y-you mean?"

Wow, he actually sounds worried.. bravo..

"I'm sorry, but yes. She's dead Lane."

We all hear the phone go silent for a moment. Then it sounds like he's crying and trying to catch his breath.

Fucking disgusting..

"What n-now?" He sobs into the phone.

I can see Zane is trying his best not to snap, and Max too.

"Her funeral will be Saturday. At the Shadow Walkers Pack house." My father is grinding his teeth, trying to keep the act up.

"Shadow Walkers?"

Doesn't sound so torn up now... does he...

"Yes, it's the territory her body was found on. Considering it's condition we didn't want to risk moving her."

"Oh, I see." He pauses for a moment "What time Saturday?"

"Be here at 2pm." My father hangs up, unable to listen to Lanes BS any longer.

"The nerve of that little prick!" He roars.

"He'll get what he deserves daddy. I promise." I walk up to my father and hug him.

I know we've had our differences, but I also know he loves me. In his own ways. I let go and go to stand near my sister. She looks like she wants to cry.

"I can't believe I trusted him. I believed him." She looks at me with sadness in her eyes.

"You're not the only one he fooled lex." I hug her.

"I'm serious Nova. I will be near by the entire time. If anything happens I'll-"

"The only thing that will happen is me tearing him apart." I growl.

"I know, but I still want to be close. Please love." Zane looks at me with pleading eyes and I walk over to embrace him.

He pecks me on the forehead and buries his nose in my neck. Inhaling my scent to calm himself down.

"Does he know?" Zane asks

I raise an eyebrow "Know what?"

"About you. What you really are." I can see him studying my face.

"Oh, no. I don't know why, but I never felt like I should tell him. It never seemed like the right time."

"Good." Is all he says as he kisses me.

"Looks like we have a funeral to plan." Max says.

"We do indeed."

Hops y'all enjoyed this chapter!! Sorry it's a little shorter.. but don't worry!! There's more coming soon!

What do you think will happen when Lane finally shows up??

What all is Nova capable of??

Will she be happy with Zane??

More likes = more chapters!!!