45

"Because I am Celeste."

Layla jumps out of her seat yelling "I'm sorry, WHAT?!"

She starts pacing back and forth "You're just now telling me this why?"

"Yeah, what the fuck Nova?" Alexa adds on.

"I'm sorry. I knew if I told y'all before that you would both just worry. I didn't want that for either of you. It's not y'alls place to worry about me."

Layla stops her pacing and faces me. "Excuse me, what did you just say?!"

She starts yelling as she walks towards me "Like hell it's not! I'm your best friend and she's your sister!"

She points to Alexa as she speaks "It's exactly our place to worry about you!"

My eyes find the floor and I let out a huff. "Fine, I didn't want y'all to worry about me. It wouldn't have made a difference if you knew. Nothing can change who or what I am."

"But we could've been there for you. You didn't have to carry this burden alone." Alexa just gives me a sad look as she says this.

Damn it... I didn't want to hurt them.

"I'm sorry. It's too late for me to change anything now. The only reason I'm even bringing this up or telling you all now is because the war is getting close."

"And who exactly are we going to war with?" Zara asks as she stands up.

"I'm not positive, but I think the vampires."

I don't know if Zane wants me telling them this or not. But I've hide enough from them. I owe it to them to be as honest as I can.

"Vampires? Well that's just fucking great." Talia finally joins the conversation.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you all sooner. I didn't know when to expect the war when I was sent. But while I was unconscious Selene came to me and told me it was close, and to prepare. I told Zane everything and I asked him if he knew what war was coming. He's the one that told me about the conflict with the vampires."

"So Zane does know? About everything?" Zara asks.

"Yes."

"And he knew it would be with the vampires?" She's asks.

"Yes, he believes it will be against them. It's the only group that we're having problems with." I'm trying to answer as honestly as I can.

I tell them about how they believe all supernatural races should come out of hiding. I also tell them how they believe they should rule supreme over all races, humans included.

"And we didn't know of the conflict with the vampires before now why?" I can see the hurt in her face, I wish I had an answer for this one.

"I don't know. I just found out today myself. I'm sorry I didn't tell y'all about myself sooner."

I feel the tears starting to form, and threatening to spill out. I fight to hold them back, but the guilt eating at me is making it difficult.

They all walk over to me and pull me into a group hug. Layla is the first to speak.

"We understand. We don't like it, but we understand. You did what you thought was right. You thought you were protecting us, and we can't be mad at you for that."

"Exactly, we just want you to know that we're here for you. You don't have to hide things from us, we want to be here for you. Even if we can't change it, we can help you deal with it." Alexa adds.

"We're here for you too." Talia says as she smiles at me.

"Yeah, we're all family now. Your problems are our problems." Zara says as she hugs me tightly.

"Thanks y'all. I really appreciate it."

I really do too. I was so worried they would be upset with me. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The tears falling down my cheeks are now happy tears, and I can't stop the laugh that comes out.

"I do have one question though." Talia says as she looks at me. "How long have you known? I mean, when exactly did you get your memories of who you are back?"

Shit... how do I tell them I've known since I was able to shift? Should I tell them that my father and brother know the truth?

Just then there's a knock at the door, and my brother peaks his head in the door.

"Can we come in?" He asks.

We break apart from our group hug and I turn towards him "We?"

He walks in followed by Zane.

"Wow, what did we miss?" Zane laughs nervously as he takes in the scene in front of him. We are all still standing close and a few of us are crying.

"Nothing." I laugh harder as I wipe my tears off my face. "Just girl talk."

"I see." Zane walks towards me and pulls me into a hug, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Everything okay?" He whispers.

"Perfect." I whisper back as I lean into his embrace.

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)