41

Light, finally I can see light. It's so bright that I find myself squinting though. My throat feels like sand paper. I try to move but my body feels weak.

What the? How long was I out?

I try to speak but all that comes out is a groan. I can't see anything because the light is damn near blinding. Suddenly I'm aware of the tingles dancing all along my hand. Zane. I try to speak again, only a louder groan comes out.

"Millie she's up!"

I feel his hand release mine and Finally the lights dim enough for me to see. Zane is getting me a glass of water. He puts a straw in it and holds it up to my lips.

"Drink it slowly baby. You've been out for a while."

I comply even though I don't want to. The water is like a little piece of heaven going down my throat. After drinking the entire cup I lift myself to where I'm sitting up more. Zane is instantly trying to help me. Once I'm sitting I look at him, really look at him and see how tired he looks.

"How long was I out?"

"A week." He runs a hand through his hair and looks away.

A WEEK?!?!

"Why? How? What happened?"

"We don't know. I was hoping you could tell us that."

Just then Millie comes busting into the room. A look of shock then happiness plays across her face.

"Luna, it's so good to see you're up."

"Thanks Millie, and I told you to call me Nova."

Zane growls lowly and I slap his arm. Millie just let's out a soft chuckle as she looks at us.

"Zane she's my friend, be nice. She can call me Nova, I prefer it."

He just huffs and nods, clearly still not liking it. It's a form of respect being called by your title, but I have no issue with Millie calling me by my name.

"How are you feeling Nova?" Millie asks as she starts checking my vitals.

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure? No headache or pain anywhere?"

"I'm sure, I'm fine Millie." I smile at her.

"Well then, you're free to go as soon as I get your discharge papers. But I want you to tell me right away if you start feeling bad, no matter what it is. Understand?"

"Sure thing Mill." I smile and pat her hand.

"Well, I'll go get your papers." She gives me a smile as she leaves the room, bowing as she passes Zane.

I don't know if I need to tell him about what happened while I was unconscious. I don't know what fucking war she's talking about. Then again there's a chance he might. I was so lost in thought I didn't hear him calling my name until he snapped his fingers infront of my face.

"Huh?"

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

I blushed slightly "No, sorry. I was thinking."

"Thinking about what exactly?"

"Nothing important. What were you saying?"

"I asked if you had any idea why you've been dead to the world for the last week."

"Oh, that." I look down at my intertwined hands.

"Yeah, that. Do you have anything you want to tell me?"

I fiddle with my hands more, unsure of how to even begin to explain what happened. How do I tell him a war is coming? A war I have to apparently win. I wonder if he even knows anything about an upcoming war? Maybe he can give me some insight.

"Do you know of any tensions brewing recently?"

"Any tensions?" He looks at me confused.

"Yeah, like any umm... problems between any certain groups?"

He just keeps the confused look on his face. "Baby, I don't know what you're asking me exactly."

"A war is coming, fast."

That seems to get his attention. His face goes from confusion to fury in an instant. I hear a lowly rumbling growl growing in his chest.

"What do you know of a war?"

"Selene told me." I look back down at my hands.

His grabs my chin and makes me look at him "What exactly did she tell you?"

"It's the reason I was sent here in the first place. I was sent to win a war. While I was out of it she came to me and told me it was closer than we knew, and fast approaching. So tell me, what do you know of it?"

He let's go of my face and turns away huffing. He runs his hand through his hair and starts pacing back and forth. I just watch him, unsure of what to say now. He clearly knows something. Why won't he tell me though?

"Well?"

He stops and faces me "Vampires."

"Vampires? Care to elaborate?"

"We have been having problems with the Vampires more and more recently. They think the human world should know of the existence of the supernatural world. They think we, well they should rule supreme over all species."

"Oh."

I don't know what to say to that. It's definitely not what I expected. Vampires have always remained hidden. Why the sudden interest in ruling everyone?

"Yeah. But what exactly do you mean it's the reason you were sent here? There's no way in hell I'm letting you anywhere near a war."

Let me?!

"Well I hate to burst your little bubble, but you don't have a choice if you want to win. It's the entire reason I was sent to earth, the reason I was born. I was born a weapon. Meant to end the war. I am the only way we will win!"

I make my voice come out strong and steady. I stare him down, neither one of us backing down. How dare he! I could take him if I wanted!

I think...

Being my mate, I may not actually be able to hurt him. But I would damn sure try if he tried to keep me from fighting. Just as I'm about to tell him that the door opens again. Millie comes walking in with a big smile.

"You're free to go!"

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters