28

"I'll kill him!" Zane roars.

I follow after Zane as he rushes out of his office and down the hallway. I could see it in his eyes, he wants blood. My fathers blood to be exact. I knew I shouldn't have told him. I grab him by his shoulder and turn him towards me.

"Zane stop! This is insane! I'm not mad at him, why should you be?"

"He hurt you." It sounded more like a growl but I understood him.

"No Zane, he trained me. He made me strong. He made me who I am today."

I hate to admit it but it's true. If my father hadn't pushed and trained me the way he had, I wouldn't be who I am today. I'm actually thankful for everything I've been through.

Zane just stares at me for what feels like forever. Finally he let's out a defeated breath and looks down.

"Fine." He mumbles. He looks back up at me and says "But I'm still pissed he did all that to you."

"Understood. But we have bigger things to worry about at the moment." I remind him.

The 'funeral' is tomorrow and we still have things we need to get done. I'm so grateful the pack understands and is going to help us. My father even has a few of his pack members coming to help.

The only person I haven't spoken to yet is my mother. I'm really not looking forward to that conversation. I'm not even sure I want her to know I'm alive until after I deal with Lane.

She might tell him I'm alive...

We walk back into Zanes office and he walks back to his seat and sits down. He sighs and runs a hand over his face before looking at me.

"There's one more question I want to ask you."

"Okay, shoot."

"We never got to finish this conversation. You're really her, aren't you?" It's more of a statement than a question.

But I play dumb anyway "Who?"

"You know who. You're Celeste aren't you? The Moon Goddess' personal warrior."

I knew this was coming. I just hoped I'd have a little more time before anyone besides my father, brother or me knew. I let out a huff of annoyance.

"Yes." Is all I say.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He sounds almost hurt.

"Why? Why would I? It's a curse, not a blessing! It's not something I asked for ya know!"

"A curse?! Are you kidding me?! You're special Nova, amazing really. Why would you think that?"

"Because I fucking hate Selene! She's done nothing but make this life a living hell! I was her personal warrior, so why has she done all this to me?! Why has she made my life such hell?!" I scream at him.

The look on his face is one of shock and horror. I think I even see a little hurt mixed in.

"So finding me? That's a-"

"No! No... don't even go there. I meant before you Zane."

"But everything before is what lead us to each other."

Huh... I never thought of it that way...

I just stare at him. Unsure of what to say. He's right though.

"You're right. I never thought about it like that before. I'm sorry, I'm happy it all lead me to you." And I mean that.

I walk over behind his desk and sit in his lap. I push his hair back and just admire his face for a moment. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me down for a kiss. Just when things are getting good there's a loud knock at the door, and Felix rushes in.

"Rogues! At the southern boarder, a lot of them!" He's winded, like he ran a marathon.

At the mention of rogues we both jump up and run for the door. Before I can make it out he growls and grabs me by my wrist, stopping me.

Could he growl any more? Geez

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks.

"Umm.. to help?"

Duh

"Like hell! You're staying here!"

"But I can help out there!"

"You can help here! Help keep the women and children safe. Please, for my sanity." He pleads.

I roll my eyes and huff in annoyance.

"Fine."

I don't feel like fighting this battle when he needs to go deal with a real problem. He's crazy if he thinks I'll hide in a safe room though.

"Thank you." He says as he kisses the top of my head and runs off.

I head downstairs to make sure everyone has made it to the pack house and down to the safe room. Once everyone is there I head out to the front of the house, where warriors are surrounding it. My father and Max come running up to me, both looking confused.

"What's going on?" Max asks

"Rogues at the southern boarder."

Rogues. One word can change someone's entire demeanor. Both my father and Max go on high alert, looking for any threats.

"How many?" My fathers asks

"I don't know exactly, but Felix said a lot." I tell him.

The next thing we know, a group a rogues are breaking through the tree line from the northern boarder. They're headed straight for us. My father and Max both get in defensive positions in front of me, but I step out so I'm beside them.

Like hell they get to have all the fun..

That's when I see her, Layla. She's with the rogues and she looks fierce. She always has though, but now she has a scar covering her left eye. I see her bare her teeth before she notices me, and all I can think is

What the fuck....

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Layla, but feel free to change her into whoever you want to see her as.
P.S: Don't forget to vote ;) more likes = more chapters!!