Almost Blue - 15

DA note: Malewife Mix. Yes, I am a sucker for that.

~~~~~~~

          Earth entered the house after the routine morning run he did. Exhaling, he wiped a little sweat as he walked in the house after settling his shoes back in the rack.

          Striding towards the kitchen for a glass of water, he looked around for Mix.

          Even though he was feeling parched, he took that glass of water and walked towards the TV lounge when he couldn't find the said man.

          His guess was right, he saw Mix standing before an empty canvas resting on an easel.

          "What are you doing?" Earth finally took a big gulp from the tumbler, quenching his thirst as he walked up to him. Mix half turned as he replied,

          "The house walls felt a little too empty so I thought why not paint some murals and hang them around."

          Earth now stood beside him, gazing at the said canvas, "But the only problem is," Mix turned his eyes at Earth, "I can't find a certain..."

          His eyes then roamed around, "Inspiration or spontaneous ideas."

          Earth slightly puckered his lips, "Hm..."

          Mix looked back at the White canvas as he folded his arms. While pondering, Earth's gaze travelled out the window,

          He saw a pair of birds, walking about and then, flying away.

          Earth blinked, "I may have an idea." Mix didn't even get the chance to ask as Earth took the easel and set it on floor.

          Mix watched as Earth grabbed the palette sitting on the arm of the sofa and settled it beside the canvas. He grabbed a tube consisting of a shade of Blue paint and he uncapped it.

          He squirted out a great deal as he grabbed a brush and looked up, "What are you looking at? Sit down,"

          Mix, still wondering what was Earth doing, kneeled down beside him.

          Earth took some paint on the brush and turned to Mix, "Give me your hand,"

          "What?"

          Earth met Mix's eyes with pressed lips, "Give me your hand."

          Unsure, he was but he still rolled up his sleeves and put forth his hand. Earth grabbed his middle finger sideways from the joint and started spreading the paint on his hand,

          "What are you doing, Earth?"

          "Just wait and watch."

          He painted Mix's left hand and then quickly proceeded to paint his right. "Come," He ushered Mix as he crawled around the canvas and took Mix's hands.

          He joined them at their wrists and then made Mix print them on the canvas, "Oh! This is actually a pretty nice idea!"

          Mix looked up and saw Earth's lips curled up. Earth felt a little proud of himself as he met Mix's eyes,

          And then the moment fell slow as their eyes connected,

          They were so near each other,

          So much that Earth could feel Mix's breath grazing his cheek,

          And maybe his lips too,