A Tearful Confession - 36

"Are you sick?"

          "No, why?"

          "I saw a medicine bottle on your side corner."

          "Oh those, pa had sent some vitamins, he thinks that since I'm not under his supervision, I can't take care of myself."

          In one hand, was the letter and the other was fisted with the ring as he messily cried and recklessly drove through the traffic.

          "Well, this show just happened to be my second favourite and something about Tian just hit home, so I thought why not?"

          Of course something about Tian hit home, because in the show he also had a heart disease which led him to go through a heart transplant.

          "Let's suppose, one day I'm not around and for some Goddamned reason, you have no money or phone service, your car is broken down as well but you have all the ingredients of a Thai or maybe even an American dish and all the necessities required to cook food. Then what?"

          Oh how could he be so clueless?

          "What do you mean by one day you won't be around?"

          How could he not connect two and two?

          "Hei! Out of all what I said, you just caught that?"

          Maybe this was why Mix was trying to teach him how to cook.

          He sobbed out as it knocked in another realization.

          These tears just weren't stopping, even when he tried to control himself.

          He didn't remember when had he started crying after he'd sat in the car.

          He remembered how he had forgotten to breathe after he'd read the letter.

          Once the realization actually dawned upon him, his trance broke as he took in a shuddering breath.

          And then he'd quickly dialed Bright's number, who luckily picked it up at the first ring,

          "Where are you all?"

          He had asked only this sentence in a somewhat grave tone.

          Half a moment later, Bright spilled him the address as Earth then had quickly left the house.

          "I'm going over to the pier, if you consider my words, come meet me there."

          Maybe Earth was right that day. Maybe Win was talking about something related to this than talking about his own engagement with Bright.

          Pondering again and again over how Mix cast aside himself and prioritized Earth and his sorrows, it only made him cry more.

          At first, he couldn't believe this.

          Couldn't believe the letter... Left behind by Mix.