Sorting It - 33

Earth drove back home, deep in his thoughts. Reminiscing the conversation he'd had with White. He remembered asking,

          "Do you still love me?"

          To which White had met his eyes and had gazed in them a moment longer before answering,

          "No,"

          And Earth had expected to be hurt.

          "I'll be honest with you, over the course of these past three months,"

          Or at least feel such emotions,

          "I've kinda lost those feelings for you."

          But all he felt was nothing.

          "And honestly, I was very nervous about meeting you but now that I'm here,"

          No anger, no pain, no shock.

          "Having this conversation with you, feeling no sort of strong emotions like sadness or rage, it makes me more sure that yes,"

          Just calmness inside him.

          "I have lost those kind of feelings for you."

          Rather he felt light to hear that,

          "I'm sounding selfish, aren't I?" He humorlessly chuckled, and said looking down,

          "Considering that you may have those kind of feelings for me left, it could be hurtful to live with them knowing I moved on,"

          "No," White snapped his gaze up, "It's— it's okay, sometimes it's okay to be selfish."

          Earth had casted his gaze away, picking up the coffee cup and sipping from it, totally missing how White observed him while picking the cutlery to cut the steak.

          "And how have you been?" Earth had turned to White again, who looked up for a split second from cutting a bite,

          "A little guilty that you had to marry someone else under dire circumstances," Earth's brows had creased, "How do you know?"

          "Come on, Earth," White rested his hands, holding the cutlery, on the table while looking at him with an almost done look,

          "It was all on news. Although there were no pictures or videos. The rest your mom told me. You went on and married the one whom you wanted to avoid so bad in the past, seriously Earth? Do you know how hurtful can it be to him?"

          "He consented to it himself. If anyone was forced it was me, I married him cause somehow mom convinced me to. She said that I could divorce him in six months or a year."

          "But do you want to?"

          Earth looked into White's eyes and then looked away slowly as White went on to fully cut the bite.

          "I don't know," There was always this confusion in him, after he realized he had feelings for Mix.

          "I mean, yeah he cooks really great,"

          Mix was a nice guy, yes, but it all had happened too quickly that day.

          "Sets my messed up cupboard every time he opens it to put the folded laundry in."

          It made him unsure of this marriage, because he was afraid.

          "Listens to me rant about things."