Unexpected - 24

DA note: So I may or may not have mentioned Earth's mom's profession. I guess I have but I can't remember which chapter, if you know, comment on this note. I will delete this note once someone on AO3 or Wattpad tells me.

~~~~~~~

          Mix was gazing out the window of the train, watching the moon move with them as it was running back to the city where they lived.

          Earth was fast asleep on Mix's shoulder. Five minutes after they sat down on their seats, Mix felt his head touching his shoulder, so he adjusted him into a better position.

          And then Mix also had put his head to rest over Earth's after gazing at it for a short while of hesitance.

          Mix himself was about to doze off when he heard Earth's phone buzz in his pocket.

          He sleepily blinked and carefully reached over to Earth's left side of the back pocket. When he got his phone, which wasn't stopping to buzz, Earth snuggled in Mix's neck further.

          Mix glanced at him with a smile and then looked at the screen, It was Bright calling. He picked it up,

          "Hello, Bright?"

          "Mix, where's P'Earth?"

          There was a rush in his voice, Mix noticed. And the suspicion only added when he used Thai honorifics.

          "Why? What's happened, tell me."

          And the smile from his features drained as Bright told him what happened.

*

          Earth ran ahead of Mix when they entered the building of the hospital. Win, with worried expressions painted on his face, met with them before they could inquire at the reception.

          He led them as they rushed to the place where Bright was waiting. Who had his face in his hands and was constantly tapping his leg.

          "Bright!" Earth called and literally ran up to him as he looked up, and stopped tapping his leg for a split moment, "Are you okay? Where's mom? What happened?"

          He started in a cracking voice as he looked away, shaking his head slightly,

          "I don't know... All I know is, I got a call from the medics saying that the owner of her phone has been involved in a serious accident and was being rushed to hospital and I was on one of her emergency contacts, so they dialed me. They took her into the surgery room just when we arrived... They said that they'd almost lost mom twice, first at the spot and second... When they brought her here."

          Bright took in a shaky breath as Earth kneeled before him. For a split moment, he could see his brother's toddler form.

          He had brought a frog and had put it on his hand as he'd started crying.

          The look in his eyes right now matched the look of his eyes then,

          He felt scared.

          "She'll make it out, right?"

          Earth nodded, "Of course, she will, she's a strong woman."

          Win moved from beside Mix and sat down with Bright. He glanced at Earth to say through looks that he will take it from here as Earth slightly nodded and got up,