Forgiven - 20

Night had fallen by the time Earth had walked out from the studio and had started heading home.

          Earth's mind was blank and he felt numb.

          Yet in the deep ends of himself, he could feel it, the caged emotions demanding outbreak.

          He didn't want to push it as he knew if he did, he might face a mental breakdown and that was the last thing he wanted right now.

          For now, Earth waited for the traffic to dissolve. There was a timer going on by the tricolor traffic lights.

          He sighed. Wanting to change his mood and maybe even get his mind off of everything for now, he turned on the radio,

          "And now we would like to play a special song before we wrap up today's show. Here is Nat King Cole's L-O-V-E."

          Wait, he's heard the name before—

          "L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see. V is very very extraordinary. E is even more than anyone that you adore and love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it take my heart and please don't break it. Love was made for me and you."

          A smile slowly stretched upon his lips.

          The memory of the time when he'd gone to the Grand Canyon with Mix on his request came back.

          He wouldn't admit out loud but he did kinda have fun watching that.

          Mix giving him a concert full of adlibs.

          The song soon ended as did Earth's smile. The person on radio wrapped the show but all Earth could hear was the distant talking. His mind was on different things right now.

          Aside from all his suffering and inner turmoils,

          He needed to do something.

          He needed to apologize to Mix.

          Because what he did was wrong.

          He had hurt Mix.

          And it would not be the first time he had done that.

          If anything, Mix deserved that.

          Earth exhaled as the signal turned Yellow,

          Whatever had to be done, would be done and today.

          The signal turned Green and he drove away.

*

          In all determination, Earth forgot about the courage and the execution.

          And he only realized that when he opened the front door of his house and the sound of dishes being washed filled his ears as a wave of nervousness washed over him.

          He walked in the house, Mix didn't even look up at him and continued doing what he did.

          Earth was just about to start feeling awkward and over think on what to do when Mix asked himself,

          "I had said to wash your dishes. Why didn't you do that?"

          Looking back and forth between the chair and him, he softly pulled out the chair and sat down. He felt like he was about to be scolded for hiding his mark sheet full of F grades.