Photo Booth - 28

DA note: Please don't be a silent reader but interact also. I love interacting, thank you.

And I guess that this chapter isn't up to the mark so tell me your thoughts.

~~~~~~~

          After bickering and driving about for an hour, when they arrived in the commercial area near their neighbourhood, they ended up in the corner most table of the Chinese restaurant Mix had insisted to go in the first place.

          Crunchy Wontons with a classic Chinese soup and noodles, it had started to seem nice now when Earth took the first bite of the Wonton while watching Mix do the same and see him let out a satisfied groan as his facial expressions changed marvelously, expressing his happiness.

          And for the nth time today, Earth's lips curled up as he looked away while chewing.

*

          Earth closed the door to the passengers seat. Mix had insisted on driving these days, at first Earth had tried denying but then somehow he'd managed to persuade him to give him the keys.

          He tried remembering what happened at that time and it was just a haze of Mix, his smile and his voice.

          Earth blinked and looked at his left from the corner of his eyes, Mix was fastening his seatbelt before starting the car.

          He looked away as Mix went on to revive the engine,

          But it didn't revive,

          "Alaiwa?"

          Mix mumbled under his breath as he started the car again.

          And it still didn't start.

          While trying again, Mix said to himself, "It was working fine when we started from the studio."

          He then proceeded to look at the gas-o-metre. Which, Earth following Mix's gaze, saw that that was above half filled.

          He looked over at Earth, "When was the last time you got this car serviced?"

          Earth paused, trying to remember. Maybe sometime before his marriage?

          He didn't remember quite specifically.

          "I don't know... It was a little long ago."

          Mix stopped abruptly, "Really? This is your car and you forgot to get it serviced?"

          "You're driving it as well so doesn't it also make your responsibility to get it serviced?"

          "Well, I didn't know that this car wasn't serviced."

          "And what else are we supposed to do besides fighting now?"

          Mix sighed and looked away. After half a moment, he said, "I've an idea."

          He unsecured the seatbelt and while hopping off the vehicle, he said, "You get off the car, lock it and wait for me."

          Earth just stared at him dumbfounded as he closed the door. A vacuum of emptiness took over with the windows being closed.

          But Earth didn't turn his head away. He just kept his gaze on Mix's retreating back through the slightly misty window.

          Once Mix was out of his vision, he slowly looked away and sighed.