A Visit From The Past - 32

Earth was getting ready in his room with an almost upset mood.

          Mid way buttoning up his shirt he felt a surge to stop and either change into home attire or tell Mix to get ready so that he would take him out but all he did was put the last button and look at himself in the mirror,

          He looked okay, White shirt and Black coat pant with shoes. He combed his hair back and after releasing a sigh, walked out of the room.

          He checked Mix's room, he wasn't there.

          He descended the stairs quickly then, looking around the house, "Mix?" His voice sort of echoed.

          "Here!" He darted exceptionally quick to the place from where Mix's voice called.

          It was the TV lounge, "Hey," Earth walked up to the side of the couch, "I was wondering, what will you have for dinner?"

          Mix, who sat cross legged, with an opened book in his lap, looked up, "I'll order pizza."

          "You sure?"

          Mix nodded as he focused back on the book, "Yeah, I wasn't in the mood to cook today too... It's good that you're going out, I'll have some quality me time today."

          Cocky much?

          "Okay then, I'm going," He started stepping backwards, "Mm..."

          "I'm... Going..."

          Earth was expectant,

          "Mm..."

          If he replied once wanting Earth to not go,

          "I'm going..."

          He would stop,

          "Mm... Go already, they all must be waiting for you by now, don't be late."

          And it was second time in the same day that Earth had sort of deflated.

          He turned around then to leave the house.

*

          He arrived at the said place, a fancy restaurant it was— At least from outside, The Ritz. Night was falling over as he'd entered the restaurant.

          He'd given the name of the person who made reservations about today's reunion at the reception.

          The person had called out a waiter and had asked Earth to follow the waiter. Walking in, he saw that it was just a fancy place as he'd pictured it to be but he was a little surprised when they crossed past the large tables for gatherings and entered the part where only couples sat.

          His brows creased as he was about to call out to the waiter to ask if he was taking him to the right place when the person stopped, turned and smiled at Earth,

          "Here's your table, sir." He'd moved to pull out the chair when his gaze fell at the table.

          A person was sat there, the long Maroon coloured menu hiding their face.

          His brows creased again, before he could ask who they were, the menu lowered and the person stood up.

          A slight pursed smile on their face.