Chapter 46

We headed over to Whiteley and Albert was looking around trying to find out the answer to what I love about this park so much, his frown slowly grew as he couldn't find it.

I laughed since he looked quite cute as he glared at a tree like it's Louis when he takes his wine away from him.

Something then caught his eyes making him pause and I grinned.

There were many children on wheelchairs rushing through the park without a care in the world "The land is completely flat so that they can move on their own with no trouble" He mumbled.

"Yes, that's the answer" I nodded "I could tell straight away since stairs are still my arch enemy and a bumpy ground is just annoying while here it's so smooth."

"I get to carry you then" He grinned as he moved his hand to the middle of my back.

"Not now" I warned him making him pout a little in disappointment.

We found Whiteley with some men around him "Seeing those smiles on those children's faces is enough, I have accomplished my goal" He admitted.

"I must thank you for making this park" I spoke up.

He looked to me then smiled "Lady Pandora, we meet again and aren't you, Lord Moriarty?"

"Yes, I am (name)'s fiance" Albert informed him "Good day, Mr Whiteley, please forgive our abruptness but we would like to have a brief word with you alone."

He took us into his carriage since this will be a very private talk "Lord Moriarty, why would you a member of the House of Lords, wish to speak with me? And you Lady Pandora, the main pillar of support for her majesty?" He asked us.

"As it happens, we have a request that only you can fulfil" Albert took out the file and handed it to him.

"What is this?" He asked.

"What you need right now" I smirked "Irrefutable proof of the link between the House of Lords and the mobsters that nearly made us well done or I guess burnt with their little attempt on your life."

His eyes widened "As long as you have that you will be able to conduct backroom dealings with the House of the Lords" Albert explained.

"Why would you both give me something that puts yourselves in such a precarious position? And Lady Pandora couldn't you do this yourself?" He asked me.

"I have more than enough paperwork" I shivered "The pile would be terrifying if I did that."

"Paperwork is the only thing that scares you" Albert laughed.

"Mr Whiteley, you may find this hard to believe, but I, too, have grown entirely fed up with how the House of Lords operates" Albert admitted.

"And for evidence, he's my fiance and everyone knows that I hate pigs and people who waste time, those pigs just now especially love to do that, your reform would take decades if you didn't push for it" I added.

He nodded "We are sure that you will not use this evidence of injustice to further your own honour, once we made that determination, we decided to entrust that to you" Albert explained as Whiteley read through the contents of the file.

"Lady Pandora, Moriarty" He stared at us in astonishment.

"Hmph, as long as you remain who you now are, we will stand with you, that is all" Albert informed him.

"And I will warn you, once you do this you must be ready to sacrifice everything, you should be ready for that as you are now with what you have already done" I warned him.