42. Call him

Author's note:

😂😂seeing that tweet I won't even explain why it took so long to update

😂😂seeing that tweet I won't even explain why it took so long to update. I hope all of you have been well and I hope I can now update regularly. Hopefully💓
********

AQSA's POV
Youssef was still at the gym, he has been working extra hard this week ever since they suffered the 2-0 defeat in the European competitions earlier this week.
I have to text him because we will be late, maman invited us over for dinner.

'Babe do you remember we have dinner at Maman's in an hour?' I text him.

He has been so serious this week. If I'm not getting a response, I'm literally going to drive to their training center and collect the dude! Don't they have closing hours??

'Youssef Amin!!!!' I text again.

I see the bubbles popping up.

'So sorry babe, I completely forgot about it, I'll be there to pick you up in 30 minutes.'

Great.

I finish getting ready and in just 5 minutes he was calling me to come out.

'I was actually going to come force you out of the gym. Youssef!'

'I'm sorry.'

'You are being so tough on yourself.'

'Aqsa, if we win this we are going to the semi-finals. It's massive. We've got to make it.'

It was normal for their team, but it wasn't for him. He had never played this far. It was still massive for their team. Any big team wanted success in Europe. What?? I sound like a football pundit right now. What has Youssef done to poor Aqsa!

'Is everyone working as hard as you though?'

'We are all trying our best.' He says with a smile.

I just hope everyone is as committed as he is. He has been working so hard.

'You should rest as well for your match tomorrow.'

He had another match tomorrow afternoon. Which I was going to. He kisses my hand remembering that I've promised to go.

'I'm so happy to know you'll be around.'

'In sha Allah and the one on Tuesday!'

'Look who is the #1 supporter!'

I blush.

We get to mamans and we find that the food was ready. I whisper into Youssef's ear that if it wasn't for him I'd make it early enough to help maman.

We sit down and have conversations and later on eat.

I feel for Maryam who is the only child around. It's so different from my family gatherings which are fully packed with kids Allahumma barik. There's a lot of us and given that Youssef has moved out it must really be boring for her here.