29. Unexpected visit

A/N

Salaam everyone.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been reading, voting and leaving comments. I appreciate it so much. We've come a long way, I actually used to write this and literally only one person used to read it back in the day zeyana12 ❤️ thank you.
Feels so good to have all of you on this journey and please continue to support this book. I appreciate all the love and comments. Stay safe.
Love,
Prayerandpatience

AQSA's POV
I walk inside our home to find everyone around, Baba and Mother would be going to sleep soon they don't usually stay long after i'shaa. Today my shift ended after i'shaa. I talk with them for a while but I can't wait to get out of my uniform, my abaya was already resting on the coach.

'Khala Aqsa, Mama said we can go swimming this weekend will you come with us?' Aaminah says her black hair bangs covering her forehead.

I'm surprised Asiyah has said this. That's progress. The kids would only go to school and she didn't go to take them. She was terrified about just going out with the kids because she feared her ex-husband popping up and attacking her or taking the kids.

The divorce was settled. The only reason her ex-husband let her have the kids because Asiyah said she would talk.

As if reading my mind she speaks before I answer Aaminah.

'Zayn is coming with us.' She says not looking at me with a tight smile.

'Oh.'

I wanted her to heal. I prayed for. It was so heartbreaking to see someone this broken and terrified.

She's usually joyful these days. She's active around the house, you'd think she's normal but she isn't, her eyes give her away most of the time.

We talk a little bit longer and I excuse myself.

I walk into my room and take a hot shower. After my shower I get into my silk Floral Pajamas, My hair tied into a messy bun. I take out my praying jilbab and prayer mat ready to offer my i'shaa prayer. After that I take my Quran and recite Surah Mulk as I am ready to go sleep.

Youssef had called me at the hospital saying he wasn't going to call me tonight because he was busy and he'd be free till later when I'd be sleeping, so he called me in advance.

Ofcourse I ask what he'd be doing and he tells me he has to go through his contract issues with someone and that was the only free time he'd get to do that.

I get on bed and pull the covers over me.

Alhamdulillah for today it was a decent day.

'Aqsa!' I hear Ruqqayya knocking on my door.

'Aqsa open up just one minute.' She says there's a laugh in her voice.

Wallah she could just text me, I think but no, my phone is on silent. Maybe she did. If it's something funny she could just wait till morning. I sigh but I still walk to the door.

I walk to the door frowning, how dare she disturb me at this hour.

I open the door and Youssef is standing towering over me in his Jacket, Scarf his neck and black Jeans. I don't blink for 5 seconds. Ruqqaya is laughing and so is Youssef.