19.Media 1

( this may not be a complete reflection of the society used. Also i've used my own names for some things... example the football club and all. I don't want to use anything known so as I can have the freedom to write what I want, lol. since this is fiction) any similarities are coincidental.......

.........................

Ruqqayya and Saffiyya sat at the majlis eagerly waiting for their sister. Ruqqaya tapping on the sides of the couch. Their mother had gone to see her cousins so Alhamdulillah no drama at this moment and they wouldn't have to worry whether she heard them or not. When Aqsa walked in they jumped at her.

'Why didn't you tell us?' They said in unison.
'Tell you what?'
'That Youssef has gone to France?' Saffiyya asked in a duh tone.
'Oh.' She replied not really interested in this conversation.
'Helloooooooo! He's everywhere in the media rightnow. So, will you go to France too?' Ruqqaya asked. Saffiyya was looking at her curiously.
'No.' She replied curtly.

Why were they expecting her to?

'What? So will you guys be like in a long distance relationship?' Saffiyya asked.

'The French sports media is full of his pictures, I'm trying to read the English articles. They are very critical and there's an interview of him already. Lol you should watch it. He's so fluent in French.'

Ruqqaya kept saying while Aqsa walked upstairs.

Noticing she wasn't paying attention they looked at each other then at her.

'Aqsa, whats wrong? You don't seem interested. Is it the distance? You guys will be fine. Youssef loves you so much.'

Would they stop?

Matter of fact, would everyone just stop.

What did they know?

Everyone talking about Youssef just made her hurt more. She just gave a tight smile. Maybe she should just act normal.

*****
Youssef had just joined Roi Football club which was the biggest club in the country and he sat at the chair where his interview was being conducted.

'So Youssef Amin everybody.' The guy spoke in French. 'Welcome to Roi Youssef.'

'Thank you.' Youssef said with a smile, in French too.

'So how is the city ? here and the team, big adjustment?'

'Well, not really, I'm actually French. My entire childhood has been in this country so no big adjustments. Except of course coming back and leaving everything behind."

'Explains your good french.'

Youssef laughed. 'And well with the team, it's been a good few days, but we've talked and I'm positive. We all are.'

'Don't you think it's a big challenge. I mean with this being a big club, the team has almost been facing a crisis with their defense recently, do you think you can get them through it?' The intense question came in.

'I don't see why I can't. I'm confident that if we all work together we can. I believe in myself but I also believe in team work so I think we can all go through.'

The interviewer nodded. Agreeing with him. Truth is, this was a big challenge. He really had to step up. And he had seen the articles, wishing he hadn't but maybe they'd push him more. They wanted a big name, a big signing but he was from a small club, no big name, nothing. So he knew he really had to prove them wrong.

Youssef had now joined the other guys for training they had a match in three days. That would be his debut. Introducing Youssef Amin. It was too soon but he wasn't from resting, he had been working so maybe it wasn't a bad idea. Also, the coach hadn't told him that he'd feature in it so he was just waiting.