25. You are my sister

AQSA's POV.

I sat on my bed writing my ramadan goals, short and long term goals. Habits I wanted to cut out and new habits I wanted to develop. I was writing on my ramadan planner what acts of worship I wanted to increase in. I really prayed that Allah makes this easy for me. I wanted to better my relationship with him. Just then Ruqqayya and Saffiyya came in.

'What are you doing?'

'I'm writing about my ramadan plans have you guys written yours yet?' I asked them. Saffiyya shook her head. Ruqqayya just said 'no.'

'You should guys. It'll help you not waste the days in ramadan. It'll help make everyday count.'

'Fine, I'll do it.' Saffiyya said with no enthusiasm whatsoever.

'Hayaty, is something wrong?'

'I just feel so low. Everyone is so excited about gaining reward and increasing in worship and I don't feel anything at all. Not that I don't want to- I do. But everyone just seems to do it so easily and I feel like my imaan is so low not capable of gaining so much rewards.' She said now crying.

'Oh hayaty, come here.' I brought her to sit next to me. Ruqqaya was still standing.

'Saffiyya the most important thing is that you want to. Everyone struggles with their imaan oftentimes you just don't see it but they don't stop planning to do better. You should do that too. Be positive about ramadan first. Change your mindset and it'll take you a step closer.'

She nodded.

'For now, pray your salah on time and try to pray Sunnah prayers, I also struggle with that but now I'm trying and I want to be consistent in ramadan, do you want to do it together with me?'

She nodded now feeling a little bit better I suppose.

'Great, we will do it. Now just write your planner or we can do it together too, it can get you in the mood.'

'Can we do it in the evening?'

'Ofcourse we can.' I said with a smile adding , 'in sha Allah.'

'And you miss?' I said looking at Ruqqayya.

'I'll join you guys later so we can write it together.'

I nodded. 'Are you okay though?'

'Yeah, I'm trying, I want to make some changes too, I hope making a plan will help, but I'm okay.'

'That's nice.'

I should definitely buy them ramadan gifts to make them feel better and get them in the mood. I should get gifts for everyone. I wish Youssef was around so I'd get him something too. I thought sadly. Ramadan was in less than a week I decided to lighten up the mood by proposing we go out.

'Let's go out.'

'Where to?' Saffiyya asked excited about it.

'I don't know, shopping, eat out?' As usual.

'Yeey, okay for me.'

'Ruqqayya?'

'Ofcourse i'm in.'

All of us started getting ready, I took a shower got into an olive abaya and wore a nude chiffon scarf. After I was ready I called out to both of them and walked downstairs where Baba was sitting watching TV.