8.The word comes in

Aqsa had been at Sayeed's house the second day today. No word from Youssef according to Sayeed and she was exhausted from work. She had been at the hospital almost all day and now wow she got to rest. She felt awfully bad that she had not spoken to her parents, she made a mental note to call her father after maghrib. After cleaning up and later praying. She reached out to her phone. It had been hours since she even checked her phone, a habit that she had. There were text messages from the twins, her sisters, Her friends and more and more. She got caught up replying to text messages when Nasrah came to call her.

'Aqsa, your father and brother are here to see you.'

What? She had been meaning to call her father. He had been in her mind all day regardless of the problems between them. She nodded then dressed up appropriately to go see them.

She made her Salaam's with respect and inquired about their health.

'How are you Aqsa?'

'Alhamdulillah Baba, I am well.'

'And work?'

'Alhamdulillah I just got back an hour ago.'
Her Baba nodded.

'Are you going to come home?'

She was quiet. She couldn't stay away from her home even if it wasn't the happiest place. She couldn't.
But the thought of going back there scared her.

'I came here to take you back.

Sayeed wasn't back since he went out again so she just sat there.

'But have you and Mother acknowledged that she wronged Umm Youssef and her family?' She asked politely.

'Aqsa!!' Zayn interceded.

'What? Can't I ask that?'

'I will talk to your mother!'

'Baba you haven't?' She said disappointment in her voice. What was up that her father could not forbid wrong in his own house? Everyone of us will be questioned in the day of judgement on how we stopped evil and I didn't want my father to be accountable.

'Talk to her Baba. When you do, I will come back even if Youssef doesn't change his mind.'
Zayn shook his head.

'Aqsa, what does Youssef have that has made you this rebellious? I've heard he is just a footballer who isn't even known. Has nothing to his name. Do you really want to start a family with a man who has nothing?'

He asked not in a sharp voice quite the contrary actually, he was genuinely concerned. He knew his marriage wouldn't work out if he wasn't in a good job as he was in rightnow. His wife loved luxury and she was from a rich family like him so he thought Aqsa might be making a mistake. His voice was reserved but his words pierced her heart.

'He has Taqwa. Something a lot of your cousins and friends have failed to bring to the table. I don't care what Youssef has. I earn money, I have a decent job.'

' He should step up Aqsa, you deserve so much more and maybe you think you are fine being with a jobless man but trust me it will annoy you sooner or later.'

'In sha Allah he will.' She said kindly.

'Aqsa I have no problem with his color or family, I just want him to be stable enough to marry you. I will talk to your mother and you shall come home habibty.' Her father said kindly.

A tear left her eye.

When her father stood to leave she hugged him catching him by surprise. Hugging him a little bit tighter.

She loved her father and she wished he had stood up for her more, fought for her. But other than that he wasn't a horrible father. He provided for her, he cared for her. They had rough times, very rough times like the Abdul-Aziz incident but he never treated her awfully everyday, no he didn't.