10.Just us

Wow. I got into the car trying to fit my wedding dress in as I sat shortgun. Youssef looked at me and smiled.

'You look beautiful my bride.' Though nervous, I smiled too. 'Thank you Youssef.' He was so sweet complimenting me whenever he got the chance today or maybe that was just him being himself?

Now that he was my husband he could compliment me. I blushed.

He hardly talked to me all this time. Only when there was someone around then he would say a thing to me. As much as I wanted it to be halal, I'm glad he wanted the same thing just as much.

He never harrased me, well you know how rough these things could get. Brothers pretending to be all practicing only for them to show their true colors after the engagement.

Youssef had kept it clean Alhamdulillah and as much as I didn't know so much about him, I had a feeling he was good. Sayeed approved of him and he was around him for months he would have said if he saw anything bad and Alhamdulillah his family was actually practicing and good people.

He looked too good in his suit and I wish I had the confidence to compliment him as he did.

Throughout the ride I let my mind roam through the events of today, our first touch, his intense gaze, his beautiful green eyes, the forehead kiss and just everything. Looking outside I was grateful that I was finally married to a decent practicing man. I prayed that we learn to love each other and stick with each other. Ameen.

I didn't know about any after wedding plans and I was ready to go home with him but he had other plans. He drove us to a hotel which now seemed to be like the honeymoon destination. I laughed shyly to myself.

'But Youssef we didn't pack anything.'

'Nasrah brought your things here with Sayeed.'

'Oh, okay.' So they had planned this, much to my surprise. We went into the hotel and we were received so well Alhamdulillah.

'So here we are.' Youssef announced with a smile. We walked into the room that was well decorated evidently for newly weds. I saw my purse and my suitcases. Who packed these? I was so busy thinking about packing for my new home that I didn't pack for a honeymoon because we didn't talk about it.

With all the negativity and drama we didn't discuss honeymoon plans or anything, Only to find out there was one. Wow.

'I'll go and freshen up then you do the same so we can pray the sunnah okay?' Youssef suggested.

'Okay.' I replied.

As Youssef entered the bathroom I went through the bags. I felt like crying there was no decent pajamas I was going to kill someone on the phone. What would I wear? I looked for a dress that naturally I'd wear inside an abaya and waited for Youssef to come out.

After a while he was out and I walked into the bathroom. I was welcomed with his scent. I took it in, since when did you become such a pervert Aqsa!!! I scolded myself as I laughed at my foolishness. After I was done I found him waiting for me and we prayed the Sunnah prayer and Alhamdulillah we were done. We sat in silence and I was waiting for him to say something.

'Are you waiting for fajr?' He joked as he stood up and I laughed.

It actually sounded like a better idea than climbing on bed with him.

'I think I should, what do you think?' I teased him too trying to play along and keep up with the conversation.

'Hmmm.' Surprised by my sudden fake confidence.

'You can't, not after this long day.'

'But I can.'

'We'll find that out some other day, rightnow I need you.'