28. See me

GENEVIEVE's POV
This was not happening.
I've been crying in my room since after the match, didn't go out all I knew was crying. Grandmother knocked on my door several times, I didn't go out. I just told her I was alive.

This time there's a knock on my door and its not grandmother, it's my friend Eloise.

'Genevieve are you okay oh my God.' She sees the mess I am in. A red face, puffy eyes, uncombed hair.
My whole face is covered in tears.

'I love him Eloise, why doesn't he get it.' I cry again.

She knew it all. I've always been talking about my crush on him since school days.

'Genevieve, he is married, you know that.' She says.

'I know that. Can't he leave her? I am younger, prettier, modern, outgoing. She seems so boring!'

'Sweety, I really don't know what to tell you.'

'I don't know just be there for me? I'm determined to win him over.'

'Maybe you should move on.' Eloise shrugs. 'You are so beautiful, famous . There's a lot of people who want you , maybe you shouldn't hold on to that.'

I narrow my eyes at her.

'What?? That's not an option. I want him and I will get him.'  I tell her annoyed how could she even suggest that.

She smiles at me.

'Then please stop crying about it.'

'Eloise he brought his wife here!!!! I am so sure he did it purposely.'

'What?' She asks shocked.

'Yes she was here last week. They came to see grandmother, he even took her to the match. But she's leaving because she got work.' I laugh—— 'oh let her work as I work too'

Eloise laughs.

'Genevieve you are crazy.'

'He can't resist me forever.' I stand up.

*****

I walk in back home at 10pm as I was out with the girls. I walk in my short pink silk dress that hugged my slender body so well, my hair down in waves , to my surprise I find Youssef saying goodnight to grandmother as he closed the door to her room. He came to visit her?

It was her sleep time now.

Wow.

Perfect opportunity.

For the first time in so long I was alone with Youssef. I flash him a smile when he starts walking.

'Oh hi Youssef!' I say happy to see him.

He stops where he is at and looks down.

'Why are you out till now?' His voice was laced with irritation. He wasn't pleased.

'Are you jealous Youssef? I was just out with my friends.' I said playfully.

'Why did you leave grandmother alone till this hour!'   His voice was serious. I've never heard him speak like this. He wasn't shouting at me but his voice was dangerous.