11.SPICE IT UP!

I opened my eyes only to find Youssef's eyes still looking into mine. I pushed him off playfully only for him to laugh and get off of me completely.

'I'll go freshen up and find a mosque then we'll go out for dinner?'

'Aren't you tired?' I asked.

Youssef was so energetic, we just got here and maybe the best plan would be to rest but when I thought about the awkwardness inside here, maybe going out wasn't a bad idea.

'I'm not, Are you?' He asked standing there looking at me as I sat straight on the bed.

'Okay then we'll go!'

'Are you tired Aqsa? If you are I'll just go to the mosque then we'll eat in?'

'No I'm not, we'll go for dinner.'

'Okay let me search for a mosque nearby.'

I took my abaya and hijab off as I walked to the dressing room in our villa. I got a new outfit ready then I walked back into the room. Youssef was now in the shower so I decided to go sit at the patio and enjoy the view since it faced the ocean.

Going through my phone, I saw missed calls and texts so I decided to respond to those. I called Nasrah back, I had missed her video call. After salaam and all we got to the jokes.

'Ahhh couldn't take my call, Youssef is keeping you busy huh.' She joked making funny faces and I tried my best to suppress the blushing remembering our very first kiss.

'Oh come on, we were on our way here you know.'

'How is it?'

'Its so beautiful Wallah. I hope I'll get to enjoy it, but it's breathtakingly beautiful.'

'That's so nice. Now forget everything enjoy your honeymoon.'

'Speaking of!! How dare you, what kind of clothes did you pack for me Nasrah. No pajamas, what were you thinking?'  I said Genuinely annoyed.

'Oh come on, you want to wear your fifth-grade-pinkish pajamas on your honeymoon, SPICE-IT-UP LADY! Wear that sexy lingerie for him.' She rolled her eyes at me.

I laughed at her joke but she really got me.

'You are out of your mind!'
I was really uncomfortable with the things she packed for me. Lacey lingeries that covered absolutely nothing. I wasn't comfortable around Youssef yet to just wear the light lingerie around him and all. Heck, even he walked around and slept in his tshirt and sweat pants. I knew we'd reach that point where we would be comfortable with each other but we weren't there yet.

I noticed Youssef leaning on the door to the patio and oh how much I wanted to jump into the ocean rightnow. I felt so embarrassed, did he hear any of that. Panicking I ended the call. He was looking at me smiling with an arched eyebrow . Awkward, just Awkward Youssef!

'How long have you been standing there?'

I wouldn't be able to live with myself not knowing if he heard it or he didn't. My anxiety would never let me. I just wanted to know.

'Long enough.'

'Eavesdropping is haram.'

'I didn't intend to though.'

'Yeah yeah!' I said, really uncomfortable with the situation.

Youssef just chuckled. He was in a white thobe. He loved wearing thobes. I often saw him in thobes, and he looked so good in them, he shouldn't wear anything else.

'I'll just go then, see you in a few.'

'Okay bye.'

He walked out and I went into the shower to get ready. I wore my makeup, light as always just some nude color lipstick, mascara, eyeliner and all. I dressed up wearing my black abaya with silver stones with a matching chiffon hijab. I offered my ishaa prayer  then sat down waiting for Youssef. After a few minutes, he was here and ready for us to go.