13.Without you

A/N:
Some little mature content, if you are sensitive just skip the part. Enjoy😊
Don't forget to vote and comment ...
Tell me what you all think about the book❤️❤️❤️
I'll appreciate it

AQSA's POV

Mother walked in to see me and Ruqqaya eating pastries while watching TV.

'Why are you here early morning! Did your husband kick you out or did you realize it was a mistake.' She greeted me.

'Asalaam aleykum mother.' I stood up to kiss her cheeks.

'Waaleykum salaam. Where is that husband of yours?'

I smiled. Not out of happiness but because nothing surprised me anymore. Her dislike for Youssef was obvious. Sometimes she'd try to tolerate me, but never Youssef. She always found the words to offend me and talk bad about my husband. Sometimes I'd try to get her to accept Youssef and me but sometimes like rightnow I'd just smile.

'He traveled, work related.'

'Oh he has a job. I hope he hasn't lied to you and flew off to see some woman.'

'Maa!!!' Saffiyya said.

'What? You are young you don't understand anything. What man just travels when it's not even a month into marriage.'

I was hurt. Very hurt by her ignorant words. People traveled all the time these days. She was just being rude because it was Youssef.

I got distracted by the ping from my phone. That was my escape. I never rushed to open my texts but right now I needed a distraction otherwise I would disrespect mother.

I took my phone from the sofa and walked out without checking the screen. When I reached my room I checked my phone and I was so happy to see that the text message was from Youssef.

'Just landed. I hope you are fine. I miss you already.'

It was just three hours since he left, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him too. I was here getting insulted. Humiliated and disrespected infront of my little sister. I wanted to be with him, in our home. Tears just left my eyes. I wanted to be in my happy place with my husband but here I was in what had been my home for the last decade.

I wish I left but where would I go? Tears streamed down my face.

I had the key to our apartment but what would Youssef think? That I couldn't even handle staying three hours with my own family? He had the most beautiful relationship with his family. But it was hard for me to stay here with the insults. I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems so I was just going to get over my feelings and stop crying about them. Patience Aqsa. Patience.
I was just crying my feelings out. Hiccup after hiccup. I wanted my family to accept Youssef so much. He was such a nice person. I thought he was. I believe he is. I couldn't text Youssef back. I just had the phone on my hand crying with no energy to text him back.
I heard a knock on the door and Saffiyya came in shortly.

'Aqsa.' She said softly when she saw me crying.

'I'm so sorry.' She came and sat next to me on bed. As Saffiyya and Ruqqaya grew older our bond only got stronger too and that was one thing I was so grateful for.

I just nodded as I wiped off the tears of my face.

'It's not always going to be this way, she'll come along.'

'It just gets so hard sometimes. I just want to come here and have a good relationship with my family but no it's not possible.'

'It will happen Aqsa. In sha Allah it will. Just be patient.' She hugged me and I smiled.