43. Masjid Noor

AQSA's POV
I just remembered that I have to call Omar. It's sunday and Alhamdulillah I'm having the day off today plus, Youssef is home because he had matchday yesterday. He wasn't going to wake up anytime soon maybe an hour before dhuhr he'll be up. For now, I can do all that I have to do, Alhamdulillah even my helper was here for a few hours. So we clean up the house together as I help with the organizing. I usually clean my room myself so Youssef can sleep in right now.

After cleaning the house with only my room left, the helper leaves, we will be eating out so I'm done with house work for today, oh except the room. I sit down on the couch and decide to call Omar.

5 rings and he picks up.

After salaam.

'It's Dr.Aqsa..' I tell him.

'Oh yeah, how have you been? In sha Allah, well?'

'Alhamdulillah, I hope that's the same for you?'

'Alhamdulillah!'

I go straight to the point.

'Asiyah asked me to call you.'

'Yes?' It was almost as if I could hear the joy die in his voice. He was expecting bad news.

'She wanted me to tell you first and foremost that she's newly divorced and has 3 kids...'

'Okay.' He replied without hesitation.

'Okay?.. Okay what?' I ask confused. What does that mean.

'I don't have a problem with that.' I wanted to jump in excitement. I'm shipping them so much.

In our culture, many men refused to marry divorcees and if not themselves then their families had an issue with it. Which is also hypocritical because divorced men still wanted to marry young virgin women. I hope his family was not problematic either.

'Okay then jazakallah khair. I'll pass your number to my brother.'

'In sha Allah. Thank you.'

'Have a nice day.'

Most of the people in the Muslim community in our city knew each other. Especially within the Arab families. Maybe our families knew each other?? But I've never seen Omar outside the hospital. Anyways hoping for the best.

Why wasn't Asiyah with me????? And I can't go out right now but I couldn't wait to tell her.

She was out of excuses.

I wanted to call her but I also wanted to give her the news in person! When was that going to be? Friday? That's wayyyy too far.

I get my phone and call her. After salaam I just go on to casual talk. I've decided against telling her over the phone.

'what are you guys upto?'

'We want to go with the kids for horse riding. We are actually in the middle of getting ready.'

'Oh wow, no one cared to invite me.'

'Oh shut up everyone knows it's Youssef's day.'

I laugh. 'That's not necessarily true.'

'Listen Aqsa, don't waste my time.' She laughs.

'Wait, wait.. what time are you guys coming back?'  She was about to hang up.

'I think we will be back around 4pm.'

'Okay I might pass by.'

'Hmm why?'

'Asiyah Ally Ahmed? Are you seriously asking me why I'm coming home?'

'Ah maybe you have a reason, you don't usually come on you and Youssef's day off.'