22

"Ten bucks says he'll just go falling."

"Alex, you don't have any money..." Raven trailed off as she stuck her head out of the window and then looked to the blonde by her side. Alex frowned and crossed his arms, he clearly didn't like being caught out here. Which really, if anything, caused Raven to laugh. Alex didn't seem to appreciate being laughed at, but whatever.

"If you're going to be placing bets, you're going to have bet something useful." Elsie said while leaning past Raven and looking to Alex, he was on her other side. Quite rightly Raven had sought to keeping the two of them apart. Really though, Alex teased Hank too, and she tried where she could to help out there. She really didn't appreciate her friends being teased. Elsie didn't seem to have any qualms about defending herself, Hank however...was not so forward.

"What do you suggest?" Alex asked genuinely curious.

"Come on, how old are you all?" Erik asked while crossing his arms, he got a bored look shot his way by both Elsie and Raven. His apparent displeasure or flippant casual disposition got literally snatched away and broken down by Elsie and Raven reaching out and pulling him over to the window. He let out an irritated noise and shot them both a look.

"Stop being such a girl and watch with the rest of us." Elsie said while glancing around him and towards the window opposite. "I suggest washing up duties...for a week." She said while managing to get a glimpse of Alex. He smirked and nodded, reaching past Raven and Erik he held his hand out. "You're mistaken, I'm not betting...I'm just giving you an option for something to bet with." Alex looked at her with narrowed eyes then and got pushed back by Raven, he was blocking the view opposite.

Raising an eyebrow they all exchanged strange looks by what Sean had been put in. Having yellow and black wing like pieces of material strapped to him and attached to his wrists caused looks to be sent his way. "Great! You're all here...is this a spectator sport, or something?" Sean grumbled while jumping up to kneel on the windowsill.

"Now remember, scream as hard as you can." Charles said from his side while giving him a reassuring smile and pat on the shoulder. He leaned past the teenager and looked to the ground below. He frowned gently, if he fell at least there was an abundance of bushes to break his fall. And really, he wasn't trying to fly from a tall height, so he shouldn't really hurt himself...hopefully. Shaking his head slowly, Charles looked back to Sean.

"You need the sound waves to be supersonic. Catch them at the right angle and they should carry you." Both looked to Hank as he explained this from behind them. Sean looked uncertain whereas Charles smiled and nodded agreeing with him completely.

"They should carry me." Sean said lowly while sighing. "That's reassuring." He commented dryly while readjusting his seated position on the windowsill.

"Good luck," Charles said encouragingly while patting him on the shoulder. Along with Hank he took a step back, really they couldn't risk being too close and suffer any effects from his powers.

There was a sigh from Sean, a really heavy begrudging sigh. He evidently wondered how he managed to get into a situation like this. Regardless he quickly made the sign of the cross and lifted his arms up. Casting uncertain looks to the wings, he was really loosing confidence by the moment. Honestly, how were they expecting to help him? He didn't know, really, truly, he did not have a clue. Could he argue against wearing them? Yes, would his words be heard though? No, they wouldn't. Inhaling deeply he free fell from the windowsill, there was a scream. Not a supersonic scream, more a worried sounding scream as he just fell. There was the thudding and rustling of him landing in the bushes and then irritable muttering. Against their better judgements, the spectators did laugh, a lot.