[2] New School

Fairy Tail High 

Lucy's POV

The center of excellence in Magnolia is the Fairy High, I can't believe I now belong in there, I woke up early and prepared myself for my first day in regular school. 

All through out my educational progress, I was homeschooled, my dad thought it was the best for me, to maintain quality education and also to train me in a proper and most etiquette way. It was fine with me while growing up, because I had mom, but things really had to change.

"Enjoy your day and good luck, ms. Lucy!" Capricorn bid goodbye to me after he parked in front of the school, I thank him for driving me safe today and asked if I could just walk to home later, at first he refuse the idea but soon let me do so.

Everyone arrived at the gate of the school, there are so many students that gather first in the front before entering while others rush their way inside. 

I walked slowly on the sides admiring the landscape of the school, it has a wide building meant to house all the classrooms, on the side was the open field area for sports and the gymnasium and on the other was an entrance towards the pool area.

"All students, please proceed to your respective classrooms now," an announcement aired after the three short bell rings, signified that it is 30 minutes away from the start of homeroom. It was a perfect timing as I just arrived at the hallway.

Room 201.

I hold on tight to the sling of my shoulder bag as I step inside the classroom, half of it was almost filled with students, I quickly surveyed the room and found out that I was classmates with the two girls I saw in the café, they are now with a bluenette girl in low pigtails. 

"We have a new classmate!" A tall brown haired girl walked in and pulled me with her, she walked straight towards the group of girls I was looking at, "Come'on now, sit with us! I'm Cana." 

They immediately paid attention to me, I didn't know what to do so I just come along with them, they introduced their selves one by one, the red hair girl from the café is Erza Scarlet and the other was Levy Mcgarden, the bluenette is Juvia Lockser and the girl who pulled me in the group was Cana Alberona, "Please to meet you all, Im Lucy Heartfilia!"

We continued the chitchat, most of it were them narrating about the school details, like what activities I should look forward too and which teacher should I pay more attention with. Everything felt new to me, after all, it's my first time in an actual school. 

"By the way, do you girls really plan on going again this year?" Cana asked suddenly, I do not get the reference but the the other girls just nod their heads, what was it about?

"I'm sure that Gray-sama will win this year!" Juvia started fangirling all of a sudden.

"Well, technically I have too, the school papers news banner for the mid-year is the sports event," Levy said.

"I'm required to be there, besides, we need to support the boys too Cana," Erza said trying to encourage Cana to go to that event too.

"Oh Lucy-san we are talking about grand school games, it's a sport's competition for all schools in Fiore! It's about 6 months away I am so excited for Gray-sama!" Juvia explains, so that's what it is, seems to be a huge event.

The 30 minutes before class period was very short, I wanted to know more about these girls and about the school too, I didn't expect to enjoy school this much. It has always been me, mom and the private teachers they invite at home, I thought I'd feel lonely without mom, but surprisingly, I'm enjoying my time meeting new people in this school.

Everyone seemed to have a place to sit down when the teacher walked in, I sat down an empty chair, actually there were 3 empty seats earlier but the raven haired guy I saw in the grocery sat on one empty chair, which was behind Juvia-chan, so I guessed he is her Gray-sama.

The Gray Fullbuster of the swimming team, that's what I know so far,  or that's how far Juvia-chan has told me.

"Before we begin any other formal introductions for your senior year, I'd like to call our new student, come in front dear," The lady teacher called me, she introduced herself to me when I got close, "I'm Ms. Porlyusica your class adviser, welc - "

Before she can finish what she was about to say, the salmon-haired guy entered the room in rush! That guy from the grocery!

I think he saw me too, but instead bow down to say sorry to the teacher for being late and then proceeded to seating at the back.

"To continue, please introduce yourself miss," Ms. Porlyusica gestured me to be at the center front as she proceed at the teachers table on the side.

"Good morning everyone, I am Lucy Hearfilia, please to meet all of you," I just simple said and smiled at everyone, but when ours eyes met, I just looked down and tried to silently go back to my sit that was apparently beside him.

The whole first day at school felt like a long day of orientation, I was expecting it to be alike when I was homeschooled, it was much formal and focused on activities rather than interactions.

The guy just spend most of his time sleeping in class or just bothering Gray. I didn't expect him to welcome me here though, I just thought that maybe because he was kind enough to accompany me when I was lost, he could at least act more like a friend than a stranger.

The girls were the best company I had today, they show me around the campus and filled me with all important details I needed to know as a senior student. After school we even spend a little time to eat at the café, such a missed opportunity that the cashier was different today, but I sure hope next time I get to bring Erza and that café guy to meet each other. 

Well, so much thoughts for the first day, I'm looking forward for the rest of my senior year.

Mom, 

It was a beautiful day today. The school was as huge as the mansion, and it's filled with people that I want to meet everyone. But right now at the apartment, I also realized how much I miss hanging out with you.

And yet you were right, Friendship is amazing and I think I found one in them, I'll tell you more about them next time. I love you.

Love, Lucy.

-

<3