[19] Petty Distractions

Lucy's POV

It was truly a magical moment for me to finish the performance, my heart was still racing and my mind was drawing blank as I try to focus myself on the audiences cheers of support and admiration.

"Well done squad!" our squad leader said as while we make our exit, "We did it!" Bisca and I both said and hugged each other, I was at the verge of crying, as I remember the weeks Bisca and I endure strict diet, early and late school practices, muscle cramps, and many more sacrifices for the squad. 

The squad took turns in congratulating each other, it wasn't a perfect performance, some of us tripped and missed a beat but we are very proud and satisfied that the crowd enjoyed our performance.

"Congrats fairy squad!" The coach of the basketball team said as they welcome us back in our side of the court, "You we're amazing up there Bisca," I heard Alzack said as he gave Bisca her water bottle and some towel, "Thank you, good luck on your game.. show them what you got," Bisca replied shyly as both the basketball team and cheering squad tease the developing couple.

After a few months of constant teasing, those two finally started dating! It was Bisca who asked Alzack if he want to join Bisca for a dinner after both our practices, so basically both our groups saw them leave the school together.

I stepped out of the group for a while, and reached for my bag at the bleachers, the location of the girls was too far so I thought I should check the girls group chat 

Juvii: Juvia will record the performance, so we can watch later

Lisanna: I arrived late but congrats Lucy! Let's take a selfie together too!

Levy: YOU LOOK SO AMAZING LU-CHAN did you hear me scream earlier? I am so proud!

Juvii: Juvia is so sorry, we can't watch my recordings, Juvia got too excited and jumped all over the place while recording. But Juvia still saved it for memories.

Cana:Way to go cheerleader!

Erza:Congrats Lucy! This calls for a celebration, now that you are free to eat sweets!

Lucy: Thank you girls! I am still shaking but from so much happiness!

I can't help but to smile from all of their messages, I was starting to feel like it's a good day until I opened Daddy's message.

Daddy: I am so sorry Lucy, I could not make it to your event today, an important client suddenly showed up today. I will make it up to you some other time. 

"You don't look too cheerful," I lift my head and when I saw Natsu I instantly turned off my phone, "What happened? is it the girls?" he asked again.

"No, no.. everything is fine with the girls... uhm it was from Dad, he said he couldn't make it here today, work..." I couldn't hide my disappointment, besides I can say I am comfortable around him. 

Over the months of practice, the cheering squad and the basketball team grow close and so is our friendship.

It can't be helped, even if I admit that I do like him, he is still with Lisanna... and Lisanna is my friend too.

"Too bad, but he can still re-watch the performance, that was recorded by Levy's club," he said and sat beside me. He gave me a tumbler, it was his water but since he offered and I'm thirsty, I took a sip.