[12] Changing Hearts

Natsu's POV

"Wake up, Natsu! You still have weekend training right?" 

Hesitating to open my eyes and get up, I just groaned to inform him I heard what he say.

"Up you go, Happy... you know I'm going back to the city now, I'll be back in two weeks so get up before you get late!" 

I felt Happy's paws walking all over my chest, Zeref has a unique way of waking me up.

"Eat up, and I stored a lot of meals and stock up for you supplies, if you don't want to cook just invite your girlfriend over, maybe she wont mind cooking for you," he said while now putting on his coat and I am finally up and is eating.

 I couldn't sleep last night, still thinking if it was real that she's back and... anything else didn't seem so important to me anymore.

What happened yesterday feels like a dream

"Lisanna..." she hugged me as I froze, still unable to process how that one woman I was looking for is now right in front of me. 

"I'm so sorry I left without a word... I was sick, my siblings advised me to at least tell you I was sick and would soon migrate... but I couldn't bring myself to talk about my own health, I was scared, so scared..."

She could hardly speak in between her sobs but she continued to explain, all I could do is support both our weight and let her be fragile in front of me.

"While I was in the hospital, I missed you so much... I wished so hard you were beside me... to hold my hand whenever I am unsure if I could make it through another day...

She has a week heart. It was scheduled for her to get a heart transplant in Alakitasia State Hospital, the only place she can get a surgeon to do her operation. 

She said it wasn't bound for another year of so, but that condition stands only if she weren't engaged in any activity at all... but she choose to live normally with us, enter school with us.. and that's the consequence.

"My heart couldn't take anymore activities, they had no choice but to take me to Alakitasia at that time, it couldn't wait any longer because if my heart fully gave up on me, I would be allowed to travel either..."

All I could ever think during the time she was explaining was regrets... I wasn't there when she needed me, and I was so selfish to only think of myself.

"Wait up, I'm going out with you!" 

"Aren't you gonna change clothes first? That's not your training clothes."

"I'm not training today. I'm going to the hospital." 

Zeref didn't ask anymore questions. I can't focus on practice anyway, not even if I try.

"Natsu! Long time no see!" Lisanna's big brother Elfman opened the door and bumped his fist on my chest as a greeting.

Lisanna's back in the hospital bead, yesterday... she wasn't supposed to go out from their apartment but choose to go over my place and wait for me. 

Mirajane had to pick her up from our house and they went straight to the hospital... and here we are now.