[6] Reminds him of her

Natsu's POV

"Natsu wait for me!" I immediately stopped running to let her catch up to me.

"We can both hide here, Erza won't find us first," I said while assisting her to get under the sink, we are at the Family Vacation House of Levy, it was our last week of summer before starting middle school.

"Aha! I knew the two of you would hide together!" Erza said right after she bust our hiding spot.

"Order for me too, Natsu!" Cana said handing me her money, "No, go to the counter yourself," I said before leaving to order for me and her, I don't need to ask her order is always the same.

"Thank you Natsu," she said with a wide bright smile for me, "This is so unfair," Cana commented right after she got back on her seat.

"Ohhh don't worry Cana-san, I'd soon find the guy who's not scared of uncle Gildarts," she said and giggled in a cute way.

"Saving up for Two tickets? Slow down lover boy, the dance isn't announced yet," Gray said tossing over me a can of soda, his treat since I was saving up for the winter dance, it's the first time so I have to make sure I'm first to ask her.

"She's been dreaming about it ever since, you know Juvia is too," I said to tease him about Juvia too.

"I'm not gonna go, she can't make me go to another school dance," Gray says, but I doubt it, Juvia seems to always find her way around him.

"What do you think about falling stars, Natsu?" she asked me while we are walking our way home from the winter dance, I initiated we rent a car but she want to take a walk, as always.

"Beautiful of course, let's make a wish" I said even if there are no shooting star in the sky at that moment, "They're not beautiful, Natsu. They are dust and rocks falling out of their place, how can that be beautiful," she said pouting, like I said the wrong thing.

"What? What am I supposed to say?" I asked scratching the back of my head.

"If I'm a falling star, would you catch me?" she asked ignoring my confusion.

"Well, that would be hard, but why would you you become-" she didn't let me finish and said -

"It's complicated, so promise me you won't search where I fall," she said exactly before saying goodbye.

"Are you feeling okay, you look pale today?" Levy said concerningly, she reached for the water Juvia gaved and just smiled.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I'll just wait for Natsu here," she said and watched Levy and Juvia walk out of the court.

I walked closer to her and saw that she does look sick, "Hey, I can skip training, I'd take you home."

"I'm fine, I'll just be here," she pushed me back to training after that but the next days the paleness and fatigue was still evident on her.

"Did you try to call her? She's still not picking up my calls."

"We tried too, but sorry Natsu," Levy replied to me after everyone just avoided my gaze, I has been months since she disappeared, literally without a word said about her leaving, we can't even reach her siblings and their house has been sold.

"Maybe she really meant to leave us behind,"  Erza said trying to open up about just accepting it. 

I can't, not just like that. Not without knowing what happen and why she choose to end things to all of her friends that way, and most importantly leaving me behind like there was nothing going on between us.

"If you don't care about her anymore, then just shut up, Erza!" I raised voice in front of them. 

Erza was about to answer me back but Juvia stopped her and Gray pulled me away from the group.

Lisanna, where are you?

I can't say I have given up, even after a year without her I still remember how it was before when we were together. I tried to get her out of my head by focusing on basketball.

I also distanced myself to the squad for several months because I only remember her when I am with everyone, but I can't forget them too, they were the only people who miss her like I do.

I planned to search for her after high school, I'd get more time in college and it would be easier if I can move to different places, she mentioned other countries she wanted to visit and live at before, maybe it go there. 

Everyone tried to help me cope up with it, so I also learned to hide away my feelings. We stopped talking about her, the stopped recalling how it was back then and slowly we all found a path we can share without even remembering the past.

Until a girl who acts like her, talks like her, and looks like her came. I wasn't seeing her that way at first -  but after seeing her with my friends, I realized she was sitting at her spot, she was warming up to everyone and she almost got me too. 

Lucy Heartfilia, what do you want?

"Mr. Dragneel, you're being excused by your coach!" a math teacher said breaking me apart from my thoughts, I guess training is better than sitting beside this girl. 

I tried to hate how her eyes look at me with full of somewhat curiosity and... pity

And that look would be warm and something that I've been missing since I lost her but... I'm not falling for the same trick twice.

Falling stars vanish after you share a wish, and never intent to making them come true.

I was sure I could forget her this time, but why does this blonde have to come. 

I bet she's just like her.

She has the warm smile something I can't totally hate, those eyes are filled with concern and I just want to think that it is pity, and she actually fits in here perfectly, she's not even trying hard like how I want to see it.

I know I am being unfair to her, but I just can't risk it. 

Girls like her come to my life to mess me up, big time.

Just like her.  

-

</3