[18] Childish Dreams

I guess I'll save Natsu's POV for some other time.

Three Month's Later

Grand School Games

Lisanna's POV

"Here Lis!" Levy waived her hands while calling out for me, the stadium is crowded with hundreds of students all over the continent. 

Today marks the start of Grand School Games and here I am running late.

"Thank you for saving a sit for me, girls," I said while catching my breath, Levy and Erza were in their respective club shirts, while Juvia is an a full Gray-sama cheer leader outfit while Cana just wore her casual shirt and pants. 

"You're on time! The fairy high squad is next!" Levy said, the stadium was crowded with students from all over magnolia, so it was really hard to get here on time, specially that I am not allowed to run and all. 

"Can you see Lucy?" I asked, "I wanna see her cheering squad uniform so bad!" The fairy high squad is already in their starting position and I since we were in a stadium we are in a pretty high spot. 

 "Juvia's having trouble finding Lucy too, but Juvia took photos with Lucy-san earlier," Juvia showed me a selfie of her and Lucy, Lucy looked even more gorgeous in her squad attire, her hair was fixed in a cute pigtails with ribbons and she was wearing the iconic face paint of Fairy High Cheering Squad, a golden fairy in the right side of their face.

"She look so pretty!" I said and I really meant it. "Juvia agrees! Lucy-san is a perfect cheerleader!" 

"Fairies are you ready!" The voice of their team captain echoed in the stadium then followed by the cheers and chants of all the present students of Fairy High School.

The music kicked in and in an exact coordination, the squad started  their dance routine.

Juvia was jumping all over the place, I wonder how her video will turn out.

"Let's Go Fairies! let's Go!" The flyers were lifted and the crowd loved it, they were thrown in the air for stunts and when they are about to fall off the audience cheered louder.

"The judges seem to also love their flawless routines," Erza commented with taking pictures.

The highlight of the performance was a three tier pyramid where they drop the formed flag of fairy tail high, "It's perfect!" I said, very ammused.

"Did you see Lu-chan, she's in waaaay higher spot there!" Levy said all excited, "GO LUCY, YOU'RE THE BEST!" she cheered as loud as she can.

The dance routines were in perfect synchronization, the audience helped in their chanting which makes their performance even more enjoyable since they encourage the crowd to join and dance with them.

For the finale, they formed a circle with all flyers facing outward revealing a hidden wings, in their costume.

"Fairies make magic happen!" and on cue all the scattered fairy high students popped their confetti's, suddenly it felt as if the stadium was filled with colorful fairy dusts.

The crowd loved their unexpected finale, and even the other school's started cheering for fairy high.

"What a finale! Ladies and Gentleman, that was the cheering squad of Fairy Tail High!" The announcer marked the end of their performance as the squad faced different directions to take a bow.

The squad exited the stage and positioned in their side of the court, I saw some members of the basketball team welcomed the cheerleaders in hugs and others gave them water and towels.

I have always wanted to do those things with Natsu, we both dreamed high before, him to be the captain of the basketball team and me to become a member of the cheerleading squad. 

Just a childish dream if you ask me, but he's there now. And I am not the girl she share's this special moment of his dreams.

I'd lie to myself if I say this doesn't bother me, because I can't help but to envy Lucy for standing there in that dream with him. 

Although, I know and understand that my failure t be there on his side is not Lucy's fault, but mine.

In fact, Lucy helped me understand that, it is not a childish dream after all.

It was something that they had to work hard to achieve, and someone like me who thinks lowly about it can never fully understand how fulfilling it is to finally be there.

"Are you okay Lis? Why are you crying?" Cana said catching the other's attention too. "Are you hurting? Did you bring your medicine?" Erza said now reaching for my bag and water.

I didn't even realize that I was crying, my heart felt light even if my emotions are flowing.

"N-no I'm okay," I said reaching our for Erza so she can stop searching my bag, "I think I just need to get out of this crowd." I tried to excuse myself.

"Juvia can go with you!"  

"I - I want to go alone, I'll just be in the restroom," I insisted.

I did go to the restroom, I immediately entered a cubicle when I hear two girls followed inside.

"Lucy was amazing! Isn't she the newest member of the squad?" maybe they were fairy high student since they knew Lucy too, I smiled while listening to their compliments, for sure Lucy would love to know about this.

 "Yeah, she was just supposed to be a substitute, but it looks like she's going to be a permanent member with her talent," replied her friend.

"Did you saw her earlier with the captain? He gave her flowers this morning, isn't that the sweetest!" 

"What? Did Natsu finally confessed?" 

Right, that's what people in fairy high think. I was used to hearing this too. Lucy and Natsu has always been rumored to be dating. 

"No! Not our captain, the other one from Saber high!" 

I was late so it was natural that I was clueless of how true was their conversation 

"Really? No way! I was rooting for them, did you saw how proud captain Natsu after the performance?" 

"I know! and Lucy kinda turned down the other captain, can't wait for the ball game to start," the other girl said as their voice fade away.

Seems they we're telling the truth when I get back on my seat and saw Lucy resting in the bleachers with flowers on her side with Natsu looking so intense against the captain of the Saber high.

"Announcement everyone, please stay on you seats... coz the biggest event for the day is on the way!" 

-

What's going on with Lucy and Natsu? Answers will be on the next update! xx