[24] Desperate heart

Lucy's POV

.

.

"Thanks for driving me here, Sting" Lucy said after the car stopped in the parking lot of the hospital, she didn't have to think twice, Lisanna is a friend and whatever she can do to help her, she would do it. 

 "But, sorry for all the sweets you ordered, I do wanted to enjoy today, but my friends need me... at least I think they do," she said, no longer confident that her presence is needed. 

 She and Lisanna are friends, but they are not that close as anyone else in the group... Also, even if no one is pointing it out, it is not a secret now that Lucy likes Lisanna's Boyfriend

It's a mess. 

 "Don't worry with the food, I have my own team and besides, Yukino would love them," Lucy was almost certain she saw him blush, so before she can ask, Sting continued, "Just a girl from my class, she is a friend of Rouge and Minerva.

 She didn't need to probe him more, it was obvious he was shy about it. 

"Glad you have Yukino and the team, but really, sorry I had troubled you so much." 

"Its not a trouble, besides, that stupid Natsu need to understand his own feelings, one way or another, you know?" he said now munching on some of the donuts. 

They said their goodbyes and even after refusing him so much, Lucy ended up with a slice of her favorite cake. 

After all, she might need that comfort food after everything that might happen. 

.

.

 Despite feeling uncertain, Lucy finds herself walking to the cardio ward, Lisanna's room is unknown to her but she thought she might see someone on the way, and she was right. 

 "Lu! Thank God, you are here," Levy rush to her and desperately cling to her for a hug 

"Its gonna be alright, Lev," she said trying to comfort her.

They all settled inside Lisanna's room after the doctor left, they all fell silent, just watching as Lisanna take one breath after another, Lucy is not sure where to look, she feels to guilty to even go near Lisanna, she didn't do anything but she's just as guilty as one would be.

"Oh Lisanna!" Mira said in a loud whisper, rushing to hold her sisters hand as they watch her open her eyes for the first time in two hours, "Thank God, you're awake!

Lisanna was too weak to move but all of them rushed to the side of her bed, even Lucy who was almost hiding behind Levy's back, "Hi, everyone," Lis said with a soft smile, trying to look at everyone but her eyes stopped at Lucy.

"Lu..." she whispers, "we should talk," she continued, everyone felt like it wasn't the right time, or it was too soon, but Lis continued, "please, it will be the best for my heart," she said even letting out a chuckle.

They all left the room, but Mira reminded that they will all be waiting outside, just incase Lis might need the doctor.

"I'm sorry," Lis said softly, "I just wanted to feel his love," she said, patting the side of her bed, and so Lucy sad just beside her hips, "You don't have to say sorry, Lis," Lucy said reaching for her hands, "I should be the one who is sorry."

"I liked the guy you first love, and in turn look at us now, this is messy, I am sorry. I didn't want to hurt you," Lucy had to take a pause, thinking, but in the end she wanted to be honest, "But I have fallen for him too, Lis," she said then looked at her eyes.

"I know, and I've seen it, in him too.  But I was selfish, I wanted to hold on for a love, I was desperate," Lis said as she started sobbing, "Please don't cry Lis, its not good for your heart," Lucy panicked, hearing as Lisanna started having difficulty in breathing.

"I'll be okay, I can move on." Lis said wiping her tears, "But, you and Natsu should be honest with your hearts too, its not good for the heart to be selfish," she says grinning. 

Lucy laughed with her and says her thanks, it was a blessing she didn't expect and truly, Lisanna was her friend, true and true. 

"I fell for Natsu as a kid, desperation was my only reason why after all these years, I hold on for what little love and a lot of kindness that Natsu had for me, I could say it because of my condition, but that's not fair to you. I stole your chance to fall in love with him, and him to you freely," Lisanna said, taking a pause in every phrase.

"If you're gonna say its alright, I'm gonna feel even more guilty, I love you as my girl friend, and I am really sorry it took me time to realize I was on the way," Lis said even before Lucy could comfort her.

"No, its totally understandable, I have things to be sorry too.. and I am thankful to have you as my friend, I'll always treasure what we have first." Lucy said honestly. 

.

"We told you to wait outside, Natsu!" Erza's stern voice echoed from the hallway followed by a harsh sound of the door opening, "Lisanna!" Natsu's voice was covered with fear and he was looking distressed but at the same time shocked to see Lucy beside Lissana.

"It's okay, Lu and I are done talking," Lis said smiling softly at Erza, "I guess, it's his turn now."

Lis gave Lucy's hand a tight squeeze before letting Lucy step down of the hospital bed, "I'll fix this, don't worry," Lis said to her before she walked out, leaving Lis and Natsu alone to talk.

.

.

.

.

.

Hello February, advance happy Valentines day!

I love Lisanna and appreciate her character and didn't want to turn her a villain in this story, for her and Lucy's friendship, I can totally see them trying to be one to say "sorry" first to each other - that's just how kindhearted these two are to me hehe.

xx