[3] New Girl

Natsu's POV

School year ends, but training never stops. 

My team and I spend the whole summer in the school gym or at Magnolia's public tracks for workout and team building. As the new captain, I was expected to put all my time and effort on it. "Hey, Captain! I have a word for you," coach called out after the set.

"Well you know its the final training this summer and I'll see you after the first week of school to allow you all adjust on your senior year, but you the captain have to keep your stamina consistently. So continue your practice at home," he continued on and on, I knew this was coming, it was my dream to be the captain, but all this training is a total drag.

"Hey flame-brain!" That's a saver but also a pain in the neck, "Gotta go coach! --- Yeah, Ice princess, lezzgo!" 

It has been a daily routine for summer, Gray's the captain of the swimming team and whenever one of us is hang up on the training or coach drama, the other one would pick up the one in trouble.

We've always called each other like that, he come up with flame-brain because the basketball jersey had a huge flame symbol in the center and because of that I started calling him ice princess because of the swimming team's weird training of adding ice on the pool during summer. The girls hated listening to us, especially when Erza is reviewing or when Levy is reading a new book.

Last free weekend before the senior year starts, the boys planned for a quick hang out. It was a really unusual for the basketball and swimming team to hang out together but they really insisted too.

I couldn't leave my cat again, I named my white cat, Happy. It was a gift from my brother. 

"Oh hey, lets first get a drinks," Gray suggested but only pushed me to go inside the grocery, on the way we saw Juvia enter so he insisted not risking it to bump with her on in there, "Okay fine, what do you want?" 

Unluckily the beverage section were  at the end side of the entrance, I carried Happy with me inside and I just notice that Happy kept on glancing at the back - 

A blonde girl was following me.

Who is this girl? Do I know her? 

I unconsciously stopped walking and she didn't notice and bumped right in me.

"Why did you stop so suddenly Virgo?" she spoke with soft voice, she almost sounded like a little girl or so much innocent. Now I'm sure I haven't seen her yet.

"Sorry, miss" I replied so maybe at least  she would notice that I'm not the 'Virgo' she thinks I am.

"Sorry, I thought I was following my friend," she said again and tried to leave to find her way, funny she got lost by reading her book. I don't remember girls do this before, a lot of girls tried to catch my attention but this is unique and in a split second I would believe that its real because she really looked lost.

I decided to get along with this, she is really beautiful anyway, "Are you lost?" 

"I think I am," she replied not even looking at me, she seemed busy looking around. Is this girl for real, how can you get lost in a grocery?

"You're new here, aren't you?" and she just nod at me. How do I do this now, do I walk with her around?

And just like that I found myself walking beside her, we just quietly walk around the grocery which was really weird. A few of our schoolmates were there too, and also some cheer squad members who even tried to follow me, but I think it also worked on my favor that this girl is beside me.

"Seems like you are safe now," She was then found by a girl our age, who was oddly dressed in a maid outfit, how is this her friend? a cosplayer perhaps? - "Thank you for accompanying my princess, thank you!" 

Princess huh, is that her other name? or is she some kind of royalty. But anyway, I'm out of here.

"Yo flame-brain, Juvia left now so I'm here, what's taking you so long?" I ended up lying to Gray, I just don't think it is that important to tell him, she's just another new girl.

The boy's hangout just involved so much food and stories, we all agreed to abstain from alcohols so it was just pure fun and relax. Happy was just asleep the whole afternoon anyway, so I really had a blast hanging out with the guys.

 "Take this to school," Zeref said handing me a bottle of juice and a packed lunch he made, he's in his medical school and this is the few days he spend at home, "Thanks bro," I said before rushing to get dressed.

"Its a good thing I'm here, if not you would totally miss your first day," Yeah, that's certainly the plan. Ever since he moved out, It was harder to wake up early, that's why he still come back to town from time to time, to put food on my kitchen and to keep an eye on my health. 

As expected I arrived late at the campus, but I just walked my way to room 201, even after the last bell. 

I casually opened the door and saw that Ms. Porlyusica and the the blonde princess was standing in front of class,  "To continue, please introduce yourself miss," 

Now that I listen to her speak, she does look beautiful. She was as graceful as she was yesterday and she seemed to get acquainted with the girls. 

Not that I wanted her to bother me, It was awkward to sit beside her after how it ended yesterday. But I just don't want to get close with any girl and I don't want the other girls in school to think that I'm getting friendly now, As much as I can, I avoid fangirls, especially on holidays -  letters and gifts are much troublesome.

A few times today I caught myself looking at her way, she gets more comfortable around the girls and started laughing more. "Yo, Natsu, lets grab some food," I don't know how long I was staring but that saved me, my thoughts were starting to sound unlike me.

At that moment, I decided I need to get my self back on track, it ball and team now. 

I don't need that new girl to distract me.

Besides, she just remind me of her. That's all.

-

<3