[16] What happens next

Lucy's POV

"You are a natural Lucy! We should have invited you to join us months ago," Mary complimented me after the final bow.

Her compliment made me even shy but I smiled and thanked her anyway, "Alright ladies, the basketball team will arrive soon, so lets go to our side of the court now. 

And also 5 minutes break!"

Three months before the grand school games, and here I found myself joining the cheerleading squad. 

I wasn't really that much interested in joining, but one of their member, Joyce had sprained her ankle and her fall bruised her upper thighs, the hospital forbid her for joining the squad for the rest of the school year. 

There was a strict requirement for the number of participants to be an eligible competitor for the squad dance in the grand school games and apparently they can't find anyone who would fit Joyce's uniform and is good at dancing... except me.

"Is it just me, or Captain Dragneel has been a little off this past trainings?" Other cheerleaders agreed to what Bisca said, she was also part of the squad so I was a little comfortable.

"Why? As far as I could see the training is pretty intense," I whispered to Bisca, I'm still not comfortable around the other girls.

"You kidding girl? Coach called him out many times the other day, I was so startled I almost fall off my stance," another girl joined the conversation, she is in a flyer position, that was a little dangerous but I have to try it soon too.

"I know right, it was hard to focus with the tension in the court," Mary, our leader joined in, "It's like Captain Dragneel lost his focus..." she dropped whatever she was about to say and looked at me.

I was confused, so I just looked as Bisca, "You know, it's Natsu's problem anyway, for sure he can get his head in the game."

Bisca gave me a smile and pulled me away from the rest of the girls.

"Are you alright Lu?" she said as soon as we sat on the bleachers.

"Yeah, just didn't expect that the girls are that observant with the basketball team.." I tried to laugh it out but it still sounded awkward.

"The girls in the squad are all head over heals with the captain, and well the other members are hot too," she said an looked away, "Oh I know, Alzack.." I said and gave her a playful push.

She blushed but nod, "And you... do you like the captain?" she asked carefully.

"To be honest, I'm also contemplating about that... but you know a lot has happened and now I'm on the squad so I want to focus on this first."

"I don't know much about the past, I just heard stories... But if it would mean any, I was kinda rooting for you girl," we both smiled and then just like that our 5 minutes break ended.

"Alright Lucy, John and Carlo here are gonna lift you, it's gonna be slow and steady, when we reach the count you fall backwards and Sean here, is gonna catch you, we have to put some trust in one another, that's the key," Mary explained to me while the another flyer demonstrated it for me.

"You wanna give it a try?" Sean asked, "Oh and remember to stand straight when your up in the air, if you get week in the knees inform us," the flyer girl gave me a tip.