[15] The Steady Point

(n) a stable condition that does not change over time or in which change in one direction is continually balanced by change in another

Juvia's POV

Juvia could say this is the most awkward after school hang out we have.

We are now at the Sorcerer's Café and Juvia does not mean just the girls, but everyone.

Natsu and Lisanna are sitting in front of us, and of course my beloved Gray-sama is sitting on our side. 

It was Cana-san's idea, that's it is about time we sit down and talk about it. Lucy-san was also here but she was sitting behind Erza-san and Levy-san. 

Ultear nee-san gave us a space at the end of the hall in the café,  maybe to give us more privacy, and especially she knows it's not likely for her brother Gray to come by at the cafe.

"I'm not skipping training for a staring contest here," Gray-sama said, Juvia understands how important training is so I decided to back him up, "Y-yeah, maybe we can start?" Juvia said kindly.

"What's this supposed to be anyway?" Natsu asked cluelessly, Juvia noticed that Natsu was having a hard time looking at any of us.

"Lisanna, your promise," Cana-san said in a very serious tone.

Lisanna sit up straight and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry," she started.

"I didn't mean to leave you all of you behind, no excuse could make up to it but I was sick..."

Juvia was shocked, I looked around to see if they have the same reaction, Erza was nodding her head, Cana was just enjoying her soda, Gray and Levy seems to be shocked but tried hard not to show it and Lucy-san was just as shocked as Juvia is.

"I.. my heart needed a replacement, I found out before we entered middle school, but since I was too young for a major surgery, the doctors advice us to wait till I grow older... a few years later, they told us it was still a risk, 50-50 chance of survival."

Natsu stopped her from talking and offered water, she declined and continued, "Big sis Mira wanted me to tell you all before I leave to Alakitasia for my surgery, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you guys," 

Lisanna started to broke down in tears, Juvia couldn't say seated to watch after knowing what she has been through, Juvia rushed to Lisanna's side and tried to comfort her, Levy did the same too.

"You don't have to tell us everything now, we sort of understand," Erza said calmly, trying to give comfort to Lisanna.

"Every now and then, Lis still have to get her heart checked, and I go to the hospital with her," Natsu said suddenly.

"We get it now Natsu, but that is still not an excuse to throw away your hard work as the captain, they are planning to replace you if you don't show up any day today," Gray-sama said, Juvia noticed that Gray-sama is still upset but is trying to be understanding.

"Captain? Y-you made it to the basketball team of Fairy High?" Lisanna was utterly shocked, Juvia swears she almost saw Gray-sama raised a brow. 

"I did, I just didn't want it to bother you, I want to be there for you," Natsu said rubbing the back of his hair.

"Well it bothers us," Gray-sama said regardless of the tension in air.

Erza spoke before anyone else, "We can discuss that some other time, for now let us celebrate the return of Lisanna," she said and finally walked towards Lisanna to give her a hug.