[22] Losing the war

Winning the battle, Losing the war Part II

Natsu's POV

"Gray-sama, uh.. Juvia wishes you good luck," Juvia said while standing next to Gray in the side of the pool, the game will start in a few minutes and she insisted on going closer, even tho our reserved seat are practically in the front row.

Gray acknowledge Juvia with just a nod before continuing with his stretching,he acts extra cold when he is tensed up and Juvia doesnt mind, this happens every year. She then join us in us, she sat in the middle of Lucy and Levy, then Erza, and Cana, Lis and then of course me. 

"Juvia sure is still full of energy for Gray," Lis said while watching Juvia.

"You bet, Juvia had packed a month worth of energy for this day," Cana replied.

"She got better stamina than our cheerleader here," Levy joined in poking sides of Lucy

"Oh come on, no one can beat Juvia in a cheering competition for Gray," Lucy said passing the teasing back to Juvia.

"Got that right Lu!" Lis said while they all laugh. 

I got silent watching the girls Lucy and Lisanna does get along, come to think of it it has been months since Lis has come back and I never thought things could go back the way before. 

I was brought back to reality when I heard Sting's voice, "Hi Lucy, can I come watch with you and your friends?" 

Lucy was at a loss for words but Juvia was more than willing to give space for Sting, "Yes! Sit beside Lu-chan!" Juvia said happily.

"Sure, have a sit," Lucy moved closer to Juvia making a spot for Sting at the edge of the row, it was evident he wasn't gonna fit and who wants him here anyway, he is from the opponent and their captain for heavens sake!

"Hey wh-" Lis placed a hand in my chest stopping me from pushing forward, "Let Lucy have this," she whispered while giggling.  "I agree, the guy still suspicious but he is persistent i'll give him this, were here anyway," Cana said. 

"I'm against this, but I'll let it go for today," Erza said joining in the whispering.

"Oh Lucy, I bought this for everyone," Sting said pulling out a bag of chips, they were selling it outside but the line was too long and Juvia insisted we rush to our seats than to buy snacks.

"This is great, we weren't able to get some snacks," Lucy said while looking at the inside of the big plastic, then soon gave it out to everyone.

"Juvia thanks you for this," Juvia said as she started eating. 

This guy is nothing but show off, does he think he can buy Lucy's attention with flowers, and now our friends with bag of chips.

"You were the newest in your squad? I don't believe it, you were amazing out there," Sting complimented Lucy, "It is true, I was originally a substitute, but now they are making me an official part of the squad."

Gray's competition was taking it's time to start, meanwhile the contestants were all busy getting ready. 

I didn't know I would be so eager to watch Gray swim, anything just to stop hearing Sting sweet talking Lucy. 

"Hey Juvia, how much longer till this competition starts?" I purposely said louder to interrupt, "Uhm, in 5 minutes, Natsu-san," Juvia attentively said.