27.2 Work Wife

Her spine was driven into an upper shelf, and Jonna cried out from the sharp pain.

"Shhh, shhh," Shane told her, touching his nose to hers.

Sweat from his brow dripped on her cheek. Though she wanted to wipe it away (or better yet, burn the infected skin), Shane's meaty hands clamped around her wrists.

He ground his hips against hers.

"How addicted to sex are you?"

His breath reeked of cigarettes and 151, his favorite drink.

Jonna turned her head and gagged. He laughed.

Fury rose inside of her. "You're an idiot," she said, only turning her head to spit into his unsuspecting face.

"Fuck!" Shane's expression switched from amusement to rage.

For Jonna, it was like looking into a mirror because she was just as pissed.

Her next thought cut off abruptly as Shane gripped her by the shoulders to slam her head against the bookshelf. Stars exploded behind her eyes, fading to a dull ache. As she swayed on her feet to keep upright, she felt fingers on her abdomen, shoving past her waistband.

"Isn't this what you want, slut?" Shane leaned against Jonna to prop her up Jonna as his hand violated her.

Jonna wanted to beg him to stop but her foggy head kept her from saying anything.

Suddenly, a shadow fell and rose from behind Shane, ending with a loud crack.

His grip went slack as he slid to the floor. Jonna focused her bleary eyes to see a short black woman standing over him, wielding an umbrella.

"Rachel?"

Rachel was a student in her 11am Lit course. Quiet, bright, and always carrying a rainbow umbrella. The same umbrella she used to poke Shane in the side with.

"I came in for your office hours, but," Rachel pointed at Shane's slack face, "I saw this instead."

She held out a hand, which Jonna accepted with a grateful smile.

As Jonna stepped over Shane's unconscious body, Rachel inquired, "Does this get me any extra credit?"

~*~