9.2 Ex's, (Big) O's, Zachary, and Laney

A/N: Elle King is adorable, and she's so right: Ex's always wanna come, and they never wanna leave :-p

Jonna brushed by a cluster of WASP-y peeps in an effort to suss out the blonde. What was her damn name? She finally spied the vixen chatting it up with a young man, and the name hit her. Laney. She glided to the front doors, laughing, the young man in tow.

Something buzzed in Jonna's purse, but she didn't care. She stepped out, intent on finding Laney. However, outside, her shoes clacked on an empty sidewalk. After a minute of chasing pavement, she stopped.

What the hell am I doing?

She had chased a crazy-ass chick, in the hopes of...what? Another odd conversation, or another odd invitation?

Both.

The buzzing threw her off, and she dug in her bag for the phone.

"Hello?" She rocked on her heels, still glancing around for no one in particular.

"What the hell did you file those papers for?" was the first thing Shane spat in her ear.

Eh. She moved the phone away from her ear. "I've been telling you it's not working. And it's not. End of story." End of marriage, she longed to say, but held her tongue.

"You should've informed me at least, talked to me!" he yelled.

He had always been a yeller. Jonna, a chronic laze-about, had hated that about him more than anything. She enjoyed peace and quiet, mixed in with an onslaught of giggles. Yelling didn't factor into any of her life plans. Well, that wasn't entirely true...

She smiled, thinking about the promises Zachary had whispered in her ear just minutes before.

"And what the fuck are you doing in D.C.?"

The words scared her. "Huh?"

With each word, his voice rose higher and higher. She could picture the strained, spit-filled mouth, "Yeah, tech is amazing, babe, and I can see you. What if I told you I was right behind you?"

The phone slipped from her hands, crashing to the floor in a smashing display of wrecked glass to match her wrecked brain.

A/N: Crazy exes. Ruining everything. Strange how Jonna ruined her own O moment. Not too smart...then again, she's not really projecting big with the smarts :D