𝑺𝒉𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒊 𝑺𝒂𝒊𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂- 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 (𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒔𝒕/𝑭𝒍𝒖𝒇𝒇)

"H-hey..."

"Saihara. W-what are you doing here?" Y/n put their head on the desk, exhaling slowly. Shuichi paused, knowing it would be hard to get them away from their work. 

"You should go to sleep." His voice was gentle, low as to try to keep Y/n from getting stressed. They shook their head. 

"No. No, I have to work."

Shuichi could tell they were tired, and that they hadn't been doing well lately. There were bags under their eyes, and they'd been disappearing from meals, locking themselves in their room, and there were dark bags under their eyes. 

It didn't look great.

They needed rest, and food, and water, yet they refused to care for themselves. It was unhealty, and Shuichi could tell they were aware. It was as if they didn't care.

"You should get some rest."

"No."

He played with the hem of his shirt, watching as they resumed their activity. He had no idea how he was going to do this. It seemed impossible, yet he was determined to fix this issue.

"Y/n! This is unhealthy. I can't let you do this to yourself any longer! I've watched you hurt for long enough! You're losing weight, and  you look like you can hardly keep yourself standing. It needs to stop!"

Y/n paused, looking over their shoulder at him. 

"You really care that much?"

He nodded.

"I guess- Shuichi, I'm stressed. People here are dying. We're in a killing game and I can't- I can't do it. That's why I've been doing this," They gestured torwards what they had been doing. "It feels better. It's a distraction. Maybe it's unhealthy but it helps with my emotions."

They both paused, and he shifted on his feet. Y/n turned completly.

"Do you think we'll ever get out of here?"

Shuichi met their sad eyes, and smiled softly. "Sure I do."

Y/n grinned sadly. "I'm hungry."

"There's soup in the kitchen. Come with me and I'll get you some.

"Yeah, sure."