𝑴𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒊𝒏𝒅- 𝑯𝒂𝒋𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑯𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒂 (𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒔𝒕)

A/n- I highly reccomend you listen to the song above. It inspired me to write this, and the lyrics are involved in part of it. I hope you enjoy this!

Trigger warnings- Implied domestic violence and abuse, mentions of verbal fighting and slight violence

At first, Hajime had thought that he was asleep, and that he must be hearing things coming from the apartment above him. But then, he heard crying and knew he wasn't. The sound of glass breaking, the fighting, the yelling, it all had to be real. Try as he did to ignore it, he couldn't bear the sounds any longer, feeling much to worried to ignore it.

Hajime took a deep breath as he stepped into the elevator,  heading up to the dingy apartment above him. When the door opened, he walked over to apartment 28, the one directly above his. He knocked.

"Y/n! Get the door!"

"I know, I know, that's what I'm doing!"

Through the door, he could hear the shouting between the person and, presumably, their partner. When the door opened, he gulped, hesitating to ask the question.

"H-hey, um, Y/n, is everything okay? I hear- sometimes I hear shouting and stuff. L-like glass breaking."

They shook their head, eyes widening a little. "No. No, it must have been the wind. Um, thanks for caring, that's really, really kind, but I have to go inside again. I wish I could explain the noise, but I haven't heard a thing. Must have been the wind."

Hajime looked at the ground. "Oh. Okay, I guess... take care."

"Yeah. You too." 

They shut the door. 

After the short encounter, Hajime found himself lying on the cold stone floor of his living room. He couldn't get Y/n's situation out of his head. Their response didn't seem genuine. He could still hear the shouting and screaming, which had resumed miniutes ago. 

Then, he got an idea.

With hardly any idea what he was doing, he picked himself up and dragged himself into his car, driving towards an old friends house. When he arrived, he knocked.

"Hinata? Why are you here?"

Hajime looked at the ground. "I need to borrow your boombox."

She tilted her head, brow furrowing. "Why do you need a boombox?"

"Look, I- it's a long story. Let me borrow it and I'll explain."

"Um, yeah, okay, I guess."

She walked back into her apartment and then came back, handing him the boombox. He thanked her and left.

When he got back to his home, he plugged the heavy thing in, and put the CD he'd bought in. He turned the volume up and pointed it to Y/n's apartment above his own, blasting Must Have Been the Wind by Alec Benjamin. 

Promise I'm not playing tricks on you
You're always welcome to come in
You could stay here for an hour or two
If you ever need a friend
We can talk about the noise, when you're ready, but 'til then
I'll say, "It must have been the wind, must have been the wind
Must have been the wind, it must have been the wind"
I'll say, "It must have been the wind, must have been the wind
Must have been the wind, it must have been the wind"

He closed his eyes as those lyrics played, hoping Y/n would get the message. As the song came to a stop, so did the fighting, and he rubbed his eyes. It probably hadn't worked. He'd just loudly blasted a song for no reason. He yanked the plug from the wall. Suddenly, there was a knock on his door.

He got up and slowly came to the door, pulling it open with a gasp. 

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

"Hey, um, can I stay here for a while?"