𝒁𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆! 𝑺𝒉𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒊- 𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 (𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒔𝒕)

{YoshikingBoi96}

A/n: Awww yes! My first request! Thanks a ton for requesting, and I sincerely hope you enjoy the one shot. It was fun to write! Also, more Shuichi!! I love writing for him ahhhhh <3 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n didn't want this to happen. 

But it did, and it hurt.

It had taken them a moment to realize the situation, the gravity of what was going on sinking in after it should have.

"S-Shuichi," They said, backing up slightly. "T-This isn't happening. It can't..."

"Y/n. Y/n I promise I love you. I'll always love you. " Shuichi spoke in a grim tone, the rash coming from the bite mark on his arm spreading.

"N-No." They choked, tears pouring down their face. He was turning more by the second, and it looked agonizing. It broke their heart to see this happening- they couldn't possibly lose him like this. It was a horrifying situation, and Y/n had never seen anyone turn into a zombie.

"You have to kill me after I turn. I promise I won't feel a thing. It's-It's what's best."

"N-no!" They thought they were going to throw up, a dizzy, sick feeling rising into their head from the anxiety.

He let out a deep groan in pain, "It's the best choice you can make. I don't want to hurt you."

"I can't! I can't kill you!"

"You have to!" It was taking forever for him to turn, or was it all their head dragging things out? They weren't quite sure. Everything seemed to be spinning. The panic was unbearable, as, finally, the last traces of humanity left him.

He lunged, and they jumped, choked sobs leaving their throat.

"Shuichi! Please, I know you're in there! " Deep inside, Y/n knew he wasn't, but it was too horrifying to think that he was gone, lost to a disease that could never be cured. 

Even if they did find a cure, his body probably would have given out by then. There was no chance he'd make it.

He went at them again, and they made their best attempts at avoiding him, though their eyes were blurred with tears and their head felt discombobulated.

"No, no, no, no, why is this happening," They whispered under their breath, meeting his dead eyes. "I can't lose you!"

They knew what they had to do. They knew he wasn't their Shuichi Saihara, that he wasn't their love anymore, but the pain was still present. They shook their head, as if to shake away the sadness. They had to leave, because they couldn't kill him.  

Slowly, they backed against the wall, sliding against it to reach the door. They fumbled with the handle for a moment, before it finally opened. They backed themselves out, not yet closing the door. More tears stained their cheeks. They looked into his eyes again, trying their best to accept that these would be the last words they ever spoke to him.

"I love you, Shuichi."

Taking slow breaths, they backed out of the room and closed the door behind them, turning and bolting down the hallway.

This isn't what they wanted.

It shouldn't have happened.

But it was the end of their story.