add on #6

This takes place before the story

It was nothing more than just a normal Friday morning. Marinette was sitting in class, Alya next to her. The row in front of them was filled with Adrien and the one before that had Luka sitting in it.

She was proud of herself for having beaten her crush on Adrien, or so she thought.

The blue eyed girl stared into the rows in front of her, getting lost in the thoughts she had.

In her head she was dancing with the blue haired boy, being happy. But she couldn't help herself as her mind kept slipping up those pictures and confused them with the well known ones of the blond in front of her.

And so she was utterly confused. She didn't want to date, or do anything with Adrien anymore. Or did she? They had become such good friends and she didn't want to mess that up. But she couldn't quite let go of Adrien.

"Hey! Are you getting lost in your head again?" Alya elbowed her slightly.

"No. I was just- thinking."

"Yeah, thinking about Luka." Alya grinned at her and Marinette had to smile herself.

Adrien tried hard not to turn around. He hated that he could always hear what the two girls were talking about. It used to be a blessing when Alya was teasing her about him but over the last few weeks it had been all about Luka.

God he hated him. They were friends, I mean they were all one big friend group and hung out together all the time. But Adrien kind of wished to push him away sometimes when they were sitting somewhere together and he was flirting with Marinette and he had to watch her making googly eyes at him.

But he missed his chance. He had the chance to be with her and he didn't. He hated himself for that. Adrien let his head fall onto the table and rested it there, trying to gather himself.

He was startled by someone tapping his arm. When he looked up he saw Luka looking at him.

"Hey Adrien? Can you please give this to Marinette?" He was holding a piece of paper. Adrien took it and wanted to forward it immediately, trying to avoid any confrontation but he couldn't help but read it.

Do you want to go on a date tonight? Mariachos at 8?
~Luka

When Adrien realised what he was holding he stopped breathing. He stared intently at it for what felt like hours. As he snapped out of his thoughts he quickly handed it to Marinette, trying to avoid anymore feelings.

He heard a giggle and seconds later he felt another tap on his shoulder.

"Back to Luka please." Marinettes smile was so bright as if it could light up the entire world. How he wished that she would smile because of him.

The paper now read yes with a little heart scribbled next to it. It stung in Adriens heart but he passed it onto Luka who turned around and smiled at Marinette.

7:58

She must be on her way to her date right now. thought Adrien.

He was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He tried to distract himself but his mind was occupied.

The minutes passed like they were seconds. The clock now read 8:30.