fifth

Bright lights flooded the room as a female voice called out his name. "Adrien?" He jolted up, immediately recognisig the face.

The black haired woman with a strand of red stared at him, it was Nathalie. He only realized too late in what position him and Marinette were but once he did he almost jumped into an upright position, almost falling over and staring at her in shock.

"Nathalie!" Marinette stayed below Adriens chest, trying as hard as she could to be invisible.

"Adrien, I just wanted to inform you that I'll be heading out now due to my day off." The robot-like women didn't seem to notice the quivering girl underneath him.

He slowly turned to face the window and acted as though as he was watching the night sky.

"Alright. Have a good time Nathalie." The green eyed boy was trying very hard to act normal and calm, but his racing heartbeat made it almost impossible.

He saw her reflection nodding in the window as she turned around, leaving the room.

Even after they heard the door shut, they did not move for a few seconds. Only when they were completely sure Nathalie was gone they both sighed in relief and move.

"Close, huh?" His eyes met hers once again.

"Yeah, too close", she punched him with a pillow. The blue eyed girl giggled at the confused look on his face when the pillow fell to the ground.

The giggle turned into a laugh when he let himself fall back onto the couch and acted as though as he was be dead, sticking his tongue out.

Her laugh sounded so heartwarming beautiful, he had to join. After a minute or so the laughter stopped and only left a grin behind.

"I have to go to the bathroom." she got up and headed to the bathroom, swaying her hips.

She entered the bathroom, shut the door and headed straight for the sink.

She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. The blue haired girl caught some cold water in her hands and splashed her face multiple times.

She looked into the mirror again. The baker's daughter patted her cheeks a few times as the water dripped from her face.

"Focus Marinette, focus." she whispered to herself.

The towel on her face felt nice and soft, she left it covering her face for a few seconds and breathed slowly.

"I'm such a nervous wreck." Her voice was barely audible when she mumbled into the soft cloth.

Her hand wrapped around the door handle she took a deep breath and opened it.

----------------at the same time-----------------

He heard the door shut. Heet out a panting breath as he let himself sink into the sofa.

She was driving him crazy and he couldn't do anything about it. His mind and thoughts were racing, unable to stop.

The blond stretched his legs and rested his head against the cold fabric of the sofa.

Adrien replayed every previous second in his head and couldn't help but smile.

He didn't know where this was heading, but he could feel his heart racing every second they spend together, every time they touched. And little did he know hers did so too. The door clicked and his head shot up. His head was spinning again.

She had just sat down on the sofa when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get that." the emerald eyed boy left the room. Loud steps banged on the stairs as though as someone would be running up the stairs and a small brunette entered the room.

She let herself fall onto the sofa right next to Marinette crossing her legs.

"What did you guys do?" she asked Marinette with a grin on her face leaning close so she coul observe every so little expression on Marinettes face.

The blue eyed girl looked at her, stunned.

She wanted to talk to her, burst out, laugh with her and discuss every detail no matter how small, but the boys just a few steps behind her, interrupted the conversation just about to start.

Behind Adrien a boy with a red cap and a big smile on his face entered the door.

Nino and Adrien were talking about random nonsense, not paying any attention to either of the girls.

Alya elbowed her visibly nervous friend "From the way you're looking I can answer that myself."

Marinette was really grateful that her friend finally came. Even though she wanted to continue whatever you could call their little interaction between her and her crush, their presence assured her that she wouldn't go mental.

She hoped her other friends would be something other to focus on, to keep her mind open and free from all the possible outcomes of this.

Or at least she thought so. Her brunette friend called for the dark skinned boy.

"Nino? Have you seen my bag?"

"It's over here." he threw her bag into her direction and it landed a few feet away from her

"You can't even throw a bag properly." she said with a sheepish smile.

"Okay everyone. Look what I've got for tonight." she searched through her bag and pulled out something that at first sight appeared to be a thin black box. But Marinette knew better and she hated her friend a little bit for that.

See you in the next chapter, stay tuned!
~Jolina❤️🙃😁