fourteenth

She was running, running as fast as she could.

"Hurry up!" Her voice was filled with panic as she yelled at her partner, fleeing from whatever was behind them.

The blood in her veins was pumping as she heard a loud thud behind her.

She turned around "Chat?"

But he was nowhere to be seen. Quickly she ran to where she thought she had heard the noise come from only to see that there was a huge gap between two houses.

As her gaze shifted down, there she saw him, desperately trying to hold onto a balcony, about six storeys beneath him.

He was screaming for help, his eyes wide with fear. She tried to reach for him but her arm wasn't long enough, a few more inches and she would get him.

The cat reached out his hand, but just when their fingertips touched, something pulled Marinette away from him.

"No!" A scream full of hurt escaped her as his hands slit off the balcony and he fell.

She was breathing heavily, sounded panicked as she kept mumbling no no no under her breath.

The blond leaned over to her.

"Marinette? Marinette are you ok?" He tried to wake her.

The bluenette sat up, her eyes red and puffy.

She blankly stared at him, tears tracing beneath her blue bell eyes.

"Marinette?" He said once more, his voice soft.

Marinette swallowed hard "I'm not feeling so well. Can we get some fresh air? " she was smiling faintly.

Immediately they walked out the door and outside.

They were walking in front of his house and sat down on the sidewalk.

The dim light of the street lights were shining down on her face, drawing shadows of her eyelashes onto her pink cheeks.

She took a deep breath  "I'm feeling better." A now sincere smile on her lips.

The blue eyed girl shivered slightly which he immediately noticed.

"Are you cold?" His voice sounded loving.

"A bit." She glanced over at him.

His emerald eyes looked so mesmerising in the faint moon light, they were captivating.

The blond extended his arm towards her, asking her to come closer.

Marinette was struck by his words, she smiled nervously but still scooched over to him.

She layed her head down onto his chest, his warmth embracing her.

"What happened back upstairs?" His heart was thudding heavily against her head.

"Oh nothing." She shrugged which caused her shirt to ride up slightly and revealed a faint purple scar  across her stomach.

"Is that from the time we-" she interrupted him quickly.

"Yeah it is." The blue haired girl tilted her head up to look at him.

"I didn't realise it left that big of a scar." He sounded compassionate.

He lifted his hand to her shoulder, carefully tracing across the scar "Can I see?" He asked unsure.

Her heart sped up at the mere feeling of his touch on her skin.