eighth

When Alya had turned off the TV, they plainly sat on the sofa, not quite sure what they should do next.

Their silence was interrupted by Marinette yawning which was followed up by the others yawning as well, one after another.

"Maybe we should go to bed. It's three am already anyway." Nino suggested.

At first they all denied that they were tired, wanting to seem tough but they eventually realized that there was no use behind that.

Marinette and Alya grabbed their bags and went off to the bathroom.

When the bathroom door slam shut, the boys as well started to get into their pyjamas.

Adrien finished first after which he sat on his bed staring at the bathroom door, waiting impatiently for it to open again, thinking of his lady.

He didn't intend his mind to go there but because of the lack of company by his best friend Nino, who was still busy changing, he couldn't help it.

His mind began to play images of Marinette standing in the bathroom.
He imagined how she might look, what she would wear, how good she would look.

But even worse than that his mind went even further. He imagined her removing her shirt and...

That's when the door opened, showing the girls a quite flustered Adrien.

But what the bluenette was wearing was different from what he had expected.

She was wearing red satin shorts with black polka dots and a black tank top with lacy edges, flowing around her waist line ever so gracefully so that it just covered those last inches of her skin.

It made her look a little too good for poor Adrien.

She looked so stunning, reminding him of the time where he only knew those polka dots on his lady, a superhero with no real face but a mask.

But now there she was, his lady and Marinette as one, driving him more crazy this night than she had ever before.

Alya insisted on sleeping next to Nino, explaining that if she would get scared at night, she wanted to be able to hold onto her boyfriend.

The four layed down on their mattresses on the floor. Marinette wrapped herself in her fuzzy blanket and dug her head into her pillow.

She was facing Adrien, who she thought looked a little bit like a burrito wrapped up in his beige blanket, but sort of like a cute burrito.

Ninos had already fallen asleep as Alya could already be heard snoring quietly.

Adrien didn't mind all the noises his friends made though, not at all. In fact he was glad to be able to hear that he wasn't alone right now.

As he listened to the wind blowing against the windows and walls, occasionally whistling softly, he could feel his eyelids grow more and more heavy until they fell shut.

He started dozing off, but not falling asleep completely as he recalled all the memories of this night over and over again.

Marinette although could not really manage to fall asleep.

Every time she tried to close her eyes she found herself opening them up again in their own and longingly stared at the certain blonde that stole her heart.

She couldn't stop staring at him for quite a while.

Until, without even intending to do so, her hand moved forward, like it was controlled by some unknown force.

Her hand found its way to a few loose strands of his golden hair, hanging loose in his face.

She tucked back those strands behind his ear and slowly caressed his cheeks on her way back.

"How could somebody be so broken, yet so perfect?" she wondered, thinking to herself as her heart pounded heavily in her chest.

Just as her fingertips were hovering not even an inch above his soft skin, he suddenly opened up his emerald green eyes, looking right at her.

His gaze was still tired but his eyes still looked so filled with emotion.

Marinette saw all of it in the split second she stared into his eyes before she quickly tucked her hand back under her blanket.

She pressed her eyes hard and tried to act like she was already asleep. But she couldn't fool him.

He had realized what she had done, but was too sleep drunk to say anything.

He smiled to himself and closed his eyes again, drifting back off to sleep while he could still feel the warmth her hand had left on his cheek.

He felt like her hand was still there, a lingering touch that he now missed as the feeling of her skin on his slowly faded.

All he could think about was how he craved her touch again.

Hope you liked it. See you in the next chapter!
~Jolina❤️