His Last Vow (Part 7)

You sat in a black car, driving to the runway where a jet was waiting. John and Mary were in the car ahead of you. When the vehicle stopped, you opened the door and stepped out. Mary and John did the same. The three of you walked over to where Sherlock and Mycroft stood. Mary walked right up to Sherlock, smiling at him.

"You will look after him for me, won't you?" He asked her.

"Oh..." She placed her hands on his shoulders and they kissed each other's cheek before hugging. "...don't worry. I'll keep him in trouble. Y/n too."

He smiled as they pulled away. "That's my girl."

She walked back over to John. You stayed where you were, simply staring at Sherlock. You didn't know what to do. Should you step forward? Should you say something to him?
Sherlock watched you for a minute. He wondered how to go about this situation as well. He glanced at John. In an attempt to gain more time to think of what to say to you, he decided to talk to John first.

He turned to his brother. "Since this is likely to be the last conversation I'll have with John Watson, would you mind if we took a moment?"

Mycroft stared at his brother for a moment. He then nodded and turned to the security man beside him. He jerked his head to the side of the plane. They walked away. Mary came beside you and together you both followed after Mycroft.
You watched Sherlock and John as they talked. At first, you could tell they didn't necessarily know what to say. After they spoke for a bit, Sherlock said something that made John laugh. You smiled even though you didn't know what they were talking about.
You nervously tapped your fingers against each other. With each minute that passed, the more anxious you got. You saw Sherlock extend his hand to John. After a moment, John grabbed and shook his friend's hand. Tears suddenly stung your eyes. A scared feeling washed over you. Sherlock was walking towards you. You knew he was going to want to say something. You wanted to say something as well. You stepped forward, the two of you standing just a few yards away from the others.
When you looked at him, for a moment you saw that one word associated with him.

'Murderer.'

With a firm shake of your head, you removed that thought from your mind. You looked at him again. New words floated in the air around him.

'Sherlock Holmes. Detective. Friend. Best friend. My love.'

"Sherlock, I..." You started.

Suddenly, you didn't know what you should say.

'I what? I love you? I'm sorry? I'll miss you?'

You didn't get to finish your confession, though. Sherlock—knowing if he let you say anything, he wouldn't be able to get on the plane—stepped closer and wrapped his arms around you. You gasped, a blush coating your cheeks.

"I know," He said softly.

You wrapped your arms around him as well. You didn't bother to ask what he meant by that statement. You didn't care which statement he might have been referring to.

He repeated it, "I know."

You buried your face in his shoulder. "Please don't go."

He held you tighter. "I'm sorry. I have to."

Neither of you wanted to let go. You held on for a minute longer, relishing in each other's embrace. You felt tears slipping down your cheeks. Sherlock then pulled away from the hug. He avoided looking at you and swiftly walked towards the plane. He climbed the steps, two at a time, ducking through the door.
You turned away, pursing your lips as you fought back the onslaught of emotions. John and Mary stood beside you, though neither of them said anything. Silence was best in this moment. The three of you, along with Mycroft, watched as the jet was powered up and eventually took off. Once it was in the sky, you let out a shaky breath.