The Blind Banker (Part 5)

Sherlock was frantic. He had so much running through his mind.
John and Sarah had been taken and could possibly be killed. Y/n was being rushed to the hospital with a bullet wound in her shoulder.
He was very nervous. He didn't know what was happening where John and Sarah were. He didn't even know if the ambulance had gotten to Baker Street yet!
Sherlock's leg was bouncing up and down as he waited in the cab. It felt like it was taking forever!
Finally, the cab arrived and Sherlock launched out of the backseat. He had to go quickly. Something could happen any minute. He entered the tramway slower, the darkness of the shadows hiding him. He could hear voices as he got closer.

"I'm not Sherlock Holmes!" John shouted frantically. Sherlock felt a wave of relief, knowing he was alive!

"I don't believe you," A female voice said.

"You should you know," Sherlock called out. He wasn't completely hidden by the darkness anymore and his silhouette appeard on the wall. "Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him."

Shan cocked her gun as Sherlock ducked into the shadows once again. One of Shan's thugs came forward into the shadows.

"How would you describe me, John?" Sherlock called. "Resourceful? Dynamic? Enigmatic?"

"Late?" John put in.

Sherlock then adressed Shan. "That's a semi-automatic. If you fire it, the bullet will travel at over a thousand meters per second."

"Well?" Shan pressed.

"Well..." For a brief moment, Sherlock lept out of the shadows and knocked down the man that had been coming towards him. He then jumped back into the shadows as quickly as he came out. "...the radius curvature of these walls is nearly four meters. If you miss, the bullet will ricochet. Could hit anyone. Might even bounce off the tunnel and hit you."
After he said this, he once again emerged from the shadows and kicked over the dustbin that was creating light there. The tunnel became even darker so Sherlock could hide himself better.
As Shan tried to find where in the darkness Sherlock was, the detective appeared behind Sarah. He started to untie the ropes that bound her to the chair.
However, Soo-Lin's brother Liang was behind him. Liang wrapped his red scarf around Sherlock's throat and pulled him back. Sherlock pulled against the scarf, trying to get it off so he could breathe. Eventually, he managed to kick Liang off and he hurriedly tried to continue untying Sarah.
But Liang recovered quickly and got Sherlock by the throat again. John realized that Sherlock wasn't going to be able to get away from Liang and untie Sarah in time. So, he stood up as best as he could, what with being tied to a chair and all, and meandered forward. He fell to the ground, just a little ways away from the device that would be Sarah's death.
John managed to kick his leg just well enough that it hit the device and it turned. The arrow was released and it soared through the air. It hit Liang right in the stomach. He grunted and then toppled over dead.
Sherlock heard the sound of footsteps as Shan ran out of the tramway. He contemplated going after her, but when he heard Sarah still sobbing, he decided against it. He quickly began to untie her bonds while whispering soothing words to her.

John, still lying on the ground looked up at Sarah. "Don't worry. Next date won't be like this."

Once Sarah was free, Sherlock made sure to comfort her. He stared down the tunnel in the direction that Shan had escaped. He could have gone after her, but he decided against it.
After Sarah was mostly calmed down, Sherlock helped to untie John.

"Thanks," John said when he was free.

Sherlock nodded at him who then rushed over to comfort Sarah.
Sherlock stood there for a moment, not exactly sure what to do next. The sound of sirens approached them and soon after medics ran down the tunnel to attend to John and Sarah.
They all three walked out of the tunnel, John with his arm around Sarah. Sherlock followed behind them until he could make his way over to Detective Inspector Dimmock.

"We'll just slip off. No need to mention us in your report," Sherlock told him.

"Mr. Holmes..." Dimmock tried to say something, but Sherlock interrupted him.

"I have high hopes for you inspector. A glittering career."

Dimmock sighed. "I go where you point me." 

"Exactly," Sherlock responded as he walked away.

Another case solved!
However his mind was on something completely different. Rather, someone. And he was going to go see her right now. 

~|Two Days Later|~

"Nine-million pounds for a hair pin. Must have been quite the shock for Miss Amanda to find out she's been wearing such an expensive pin all that time." You set down the newspaper and smiled at Sherlock.

"Oh yes. She almost literally shouted it from the rooftops."

You laughed at his comment which seemed to please him. You had been in the hospital for two days now, recovering from the bullet you took to the shoulder.
Sherlock had come both days and stayed for as long as he could. He apologized many times over for not remembering you. You told him you forgave him the first time he apologized. Every other time you just laughed and rolled your eyes.

"How are John and Sarah?" You asked.

"John is fine. Wasn't anything he couldn't handle. As far as I know, Sarah is still a bit shaken up," Sherlock said. "John says that it might be a little while before she will feel completely back to normal."

"Well she did almost die."

"I have almost died a couple times and I'm totally normal," Sherlock countered.

You squinted at him as though you were analyzing him. "I don't know if normal is the word I would use to describe you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

You chuckled. "I just mean that you are a unique person and not everyone can have nerves of steel like you, Mr. Sherlock Holmes."