The Six Thatchers (Part 1)

Click!

The flash of a camera filled the room. You smiled at the scene before you. John and Mary sat on the sofa holding their newborn baby girl. Mrs. Hudson attempted to take pictures of them while Molly assisted. You stood beside Sherlock just a few feet away from everyone.
It had been a few months since the consulting detective was allowed to return home. In that time, he had returned to his normal life—solving crimes with his two closest friends. It was a little different now, though. Sherlock hardly pulled his gaze away from his phone as he solved crime after crime after crime. Even now, at John and Mary's baby shower, he typed rapidly on the device.
When you pulled your sights away from the small family, you noticed that he was occupied as such. Your smile fell. Taking a deep breath, you willed yourself to not make a huge scene. You leaned close to him.

"Sherlock," You hissed, "put that away."

He glanced over briefly, and when he caught sight of your expression, he did a double take. He stopped typing for a moment. You raised your eyebrows expectantly as you waited for him to lower the phone. He did not. Instead, he decided to challenge you. "Or what?"

You blinked in surprise. Some men might have seen the errors of their way in this moment—challenging a woman's orders—but not Sherlock. He stood his ground.

"Excuse me?" You asked.

He shrugged. "Or what? What will you do if I don't put my phone away?"

You let out a scoff which then turned into a humorless laugh. You shook your head as you bought yourself time. You needed to think of something to say. Sherlock lifted his phone again. He only typed one more character before you spoke again. "I'll stomp on your foot."

He snorted at your threat. He had to lower his phone as he continued to chuckle. You clenched your jaw tightly. Your eyes located his foot and you were fully prepared to slam your own against it. However, you became distracted when you heard John say your name.

"Molly, Mrs. H, y/n," He said. You turned to look at him as he remained on the couch. Sherlock went back to his phone. "We would love for you three to be godparents."

Instantly, your frustration with the consulting detective fluttered away. You gasped loudly and smiled. The three of you ladies began to chatter excitedly. Mary waved you all over while John joined Sherlock.

"I assume this means you all accept?" Mary asked with a laugh.

You chuckled. "How could we say no?"

The four of you ladies all crowded together, cooing over baby Watson.

***

A few weeks later, you stood at a font in the church with John, Mary, Mrs. Hudson, Molly, Greg, and Sherlock. The vicar stood in front of you all.

"Father, we ask you to send your blessings on this water..." He leaned forward and drew the cross sign in the water. "...and sanctify it for our use this day, in Christ's name." He turned to the parents. "Now, what name have you given your daughter?"

John and Mary looked at each other and smiled. Mary looked back to the vicar. "Rosamund Mary."

"Rosamund?" Sherlock asked, glancing up very briefly from his phone.

"Means 'rose of the world,'" Molly said. "Rosie for short. Didn't you get John's text?"

"No. I delete his texts."

You looked over at this, furrowing your eyebrows.

"I delete any text that begins 'Hi'."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes.