A Study In Pink (Part 2)

It was late. You were tired. You just had this one last box to bring inside. Then you would be finished for the night.
You stepped inside; and, when you looked up, you were surprised to find someone there. You gasped, stopping just before you ran into them.

"John!" You panted, a smile spreading on your face. "We've got to stop running into each other like this."

He chuckled. "I agree."

Someone knocked on the door behind you. John held up a finger so as to say "hold on" and answered the door. You watched him, trying to catch a glimpse of whoever was outside the door. The conversation was quick and when John returned he had his cane in his hand, though he wasn't using it. You hadn't even noticed that a minute ago he didn't have it. As John walked back over, he seemed to remember something.

"Oh, uhm, this is the person I was talking about," He said to you. "My flat mate."

You turned to look at John's potential flat mate, not having noticed him before.

"This is-" John began.

"Sherlock," You interrupted, your breath catching in your throat.

Both men furrowed their eyebrows at this, clearly confused as to how you knew his name. You could not believe it. Sherlock Holmes, one of your closest friends from when you were younger. You hadn't seen him in years and now, here he was, standing before you. Your neighbor.

"You know me?" Sherlock asked.

"I..." Your mouth felt very dry. "...yes, I do."

"And who are you?"

"I'm-" You were distracted by the sound of a door creaking open. You turned your head to see Mrs. Hudson, crying.

"Sherlock, what have you done?" She asked.

"Mrs. Hudson?" Sherlock was confused. What had he done?

"Upstairs."

Without any further explanation, John and Sherlock raced up the stairs.
Curiosity taking the better of you, you set down the box you were holding and followed after them.

"What are you doing?" You heard Sherlock ask someone.

"Well, I knew you'd find the case. I'm not stupid," A new voice said, one you didn't recognize.

You entered behind John to see that a man with silver hair sat casually in Sherlock's flat. Looking into the kitchen you saw a group of police searching through the cabinets and bedrooms.

"You can't just break into my flat," Sherlock said in exasperation.

"And you can't withhold evidence. And I didn't break into your flat."

You quickly came to the conclusion that this man was some kind of a detective.

"Well, what do you call this then?" Sherlock asked him.

"It's a drugs bust," The detective answered with a shrug.

"Seriously?" John chimed in, chuckling. He pointed at Sherlock. "This guy, a junkie? Have you met him?"

"John..." Sherlock said, clearly trying to tell him to stop talking.

You were able to pick up on the look he gave John that perhaps there was a possibility of them finding something. You blinked in surprise.

"I'm pretty sure you could search this flat all day, you wouldn't find anything you could call recreational," John continued talking to the detective, ignoring Sherlock's looks.