The Six Thatchers (Part 2)

The four of you approached the Welsborough's house. Lestrade led the way. He glanced back while walking.

"Charlie's family are pretty cut up about it as you'd expect, so go easy on them, yeah?"

"You know me," Sherlock said.

"Yeah, we do know you," You responded. "That's why he's clarifying."

"Hey, hello!" A new voice spoke up. You and Sherlock looked over to see John holding his phone. Mary had Skyped him.

"Got 'em, don't worry," John said to her. "Pampers; the cream you can't get from Boots."

"Yeah, never mind about that. Where are you now? The dead boy's house?"

"Yeah."

"And what does he think? Any theories?"

"Uh, well, I texted you the details."

"Yeah, two different types of vinyl."

Upon hearing this, Sherlock reached over and took John's phone. "Hey!" John protested, though it was pointless.

Sherlock looked down at the phone. "How do you know about that?"

"Oh, you'd be amazed at what a receptionist picks up." She leaned closer to her camera and whispered, "They know everything."

"Solved it, then?"

"I'm working on it."

"Oh, Mary, motherhood's slowing you down," He said with a smile.

"Pig!" She shot back.

You smiled widely at the playful insults.

"Keep trying," Sherlock told Mary. He gave John the phone back as you all approached the front door.

"So, what about it, then?" Mary questioned.

As you stepped onto the porch, Sherlock glanced up. You looked upward as well but didn't see anything noteworthy.

"What, an empty car that suddenly has a week-old corpse in it?" Mary continued. "And what are you gonna call this one?"

"Ooh." John was suddenly happy to be involved in the conversation again—happy to contribute something. "The...uh...The Ghost Driver."

Sherlock stopped in the hall. "Don't give it a title."

"People like the titles," John countered.

"I hate the titles."

"Oh, well if you hate them, then we must do away with the titles," You said sarcastically. Sherlock looked back at you, clearly unamused. You simply smiled back at him. "The title draws the people in Sherlock. With no titles, there's no people. With no people, no cases."

Sherlock sighed and rolled his eyes, not wanting to admit that you were right.

"Give the people what they want," John added.

"No, never do that," Sherlock said. "People are stupid."

"Uh, some people!" Mary chimed in.

Sherlock leaned over so his face was in view of the phone's camera. "All people are stupid." He began to pull away. He glanced over at you momentarily, though you did not notice. He shrugged slightly and looked back at Mary. "Most people."

You snickered quietly, oblivious to what Sherlock's full intention of that statement was.

"Bizarre enough, though isn't it, to be him?" Greg said. "I mean, it's right up your strasse."