Chapter 35

Alison POV:
"What?" I scoff. "You're lying. This is just some joke. Some sick joke." I say as a lump forms in my throat.

"Mrs. Fields-"

"Stop!" I yell, and tears start streaming down my face. I gain control in my breathing, and take a few minutes before telling the doctor to continue.

"The cancer is only Stage 2, so if we start chemo now, we could beat this." The doctor says.

"...Okay." I whisper.

[...]

1 month later

I sit in the chair that I've gotten so used to over the past month.

I watch Emily as she blinks several times and yawns.

This pains me.

Watching her have to go through this. Having all the energy drained from her body.

We have kids! Kids that need her. Kids that want to tell her every single detail of their day, afraid they might lose her.

She's getting poked and prodded with needles like she's some kind...lab experiment. It makes me sick.

Not just because of that, but I have a fear of needles.

Emily is so pale, and tired looking. Drained. Empty. Almost...lifeless.

I sigh, and pick up a magazine from the side table. I flip through it, skimming through and looking at all of the recent pictures and gossip of celebrities.

It doesn't take long before I'm bored out of my mind. And super horny.

Emily and me are technically on a break, and haven't had sex in, like, 2 months or so.

"Alright. You're done for today, Mrs. Fields." The nurse or whatever says to Emily.

I take in a deep breath and let out a sigh as I put the magazine down and stand up.

"You ready to go?" I ask Emily as she chugs down a bottle of water.

"Yeah." She says letting out a big breath after she finishes the water.

"Come on. The kids can't wait to see you." I say quietly, practically in a whisper, and grab her hand.

Really hella short chapter.

I'm busy, and STAAR Testing is coming up.

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in almost a month! I feel horrible.