First Encounter

Kindly do vote and comment if you like the chapter

Kindly do vote and comment if you like the chapter. Reviews will be really appreciated.

Aashi and Mom are already waiting for me in downstairs. Seeing me, Aashi smiles and approaches towards me. She holds my hands and checks me from head to toe.

"Wow, you are looking extremely beautiful, Mallika" She says amusely.

"Thank you, you too look so gorgeous. " I reply and yeah it's true that she is looking so stunning like always. She has her sleeveless blue ball gown with floral print on the lower portion. Mostly, she has just a perfect figure unlike me who is quite fragile and skinny, which makes her to look like the Goddess of beauty.

"Yeah, isn't it normal for Aashi to be stunning? After all, she is my most beautiful daughter. " Mother says from the doorstep eyeing at me weirdly. After a few seconds, she adds "You are not looking bad also, Mallika." I am going to politely give a "thank you" smile but soon the smile fades away listening her other half statement.

"But don't get ahead of yourself. You are not that much beautiful as much as Aashi is. You don't have any quality of being a princess also." She mocks and her tone is fully filled with disgust and rage. I bow my head down and feel my heart broken at my own mother's mockery. Why does she need to compliment me if she is going end up calling me useless at the end ?

"Come on, Mom. Shut up. Mallika is beautiful. Infact extremely beautiful. You accept or not, it's the truth." Aashi replies when my mother just rolls her eyes and turns towards the other side.

"Mallika, don't think about it much. You are beautiful in your own way. " She says and I just nod my head not bothering to ponder over that issue as it's regular and I am used to be treated like that. When my father comes down followed by his bodyguards, mother comes and kisses on his cheeks saying that he is looking very handsome. I will say the same also. My mother is still beautiful in her late 40's also and same goes for my father.

"OK, now let's go." He announces and we all come out of our mansion.
********
We make our way through the entrance of a very large palace which is owned by the king of Aurora City. Many men and women stand at the doorstep welcoming us with flowers and greeting cards. I smile at their hospitality towards their guests. The palace has a vast garden infront of it including a wide road between the garden through where we walk to the palace. There are two waterfalls on the opposite corner of the garden. The sight is so breathtaking.Soon we are in a very large room which is occupied by numerous guests and minimum number of hosts and waiters. The walls are golden plated with mirrors and some ancient pictures covering most of the places and the ceiling is decorated with a high chandelier lighting with imported crystals. The hall room is decorated with most of the ravishing wooden furnitures and other accessories.

We all find a vacant table where we make ourselves comfortable. After sometimes sitting all alone and my parents and Aashi gossiping among themselves, I find a very good looking man approaching towards us with a glass of wine in one of his hands and his lips tugging into a small smile. Father immediately stands up with a polite smile and they both hug each other.